Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

Comments

• There IS a meeting tonight isn't there?
    Anyone know much about it?

Could be a lively one!

• Let's hope these "other parties" have a good deal amongst them then!

• @OxfordBlue you have missed my point. Even if someone gets elected do they really have a say in running the club, maybe not. That is the point and that is why we need to change things.

• Whatever way you look at it, Its a total car crash. It is however time for us all to come together and sort this mess out.

We may not have the monies to invest in a professional full time management team but lets hold a trust meeting soon and gain agreement as to how best to pull our club out of the mire.

• Trevor doesn’t come across well in that video.

• edited April 2019

What I will say, and what the good trust directors who read this will also know, is that these “ other discussions” with other interested parties are tenuous at best, extremely undeveloped and concept stage/initial expressions of potential /maybe interest AT BEST.

Why? Because no other approaches of interest were allowed to be developed further or courted to any level of seriousness by Trevor and the power group previously .

We are back BEHIND square one on this and it’s entirely at the hands of those who have run the process selectively and arrogantly to date .

Absolute worst case scenario has been achieved , well done Guys!

• We are back BEHIND square one on this and it isn’t entirely at the hands of those who have run the process selectively and arrogantly to date .

So not ALL the power group's fault? I hope you're not blaming me.

• Errr why are we all so upset about this? It was always unlikely that any bid would get past the 75% threshold. The Americans pulling out has accelerated the process that will have needed to happen anyway. So this has to be a positive.

With all due respect this is now the time to put up or shut up. We have sniped or observed from the sidelines throughout this. Clearly the current Board don’t come out of this very well but unless we are willing to find the time and energy to replace them - and we have the numbers and constitution to demand this, if maybe not the people willing and able to give up their time to do so - we will be reliant on these people to get us out of this mess.

Calling for heads to roll will not help if we are left with decapitated bodies still there because no-one else volunteers to take their place.

Force through a vote of no confidence and be willing to take the consequences if we succeed but if we don’t throw our support behind the existing/remaining board. We don’t have to look too far to see how not doing so makes a bad situation a complete shitstorm.

https://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/faihayfork-hay-fork-solid-socket-2-prong-1-63m.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwy7vlBRACEiwAZvdx9v6tGbeG0lpt04lqqCFZEankA9zo2Qod47tw2f1otoh5xYbmbCyw7BoCBx8QAvD_BwE

• Probably a conspiracy theory developed in my mind which is usually wide of the mark.

The Americans seemed quite happy for the club to invite and consider Harman's bid. Were they having second thoughts immediately after submitting their bid and hoping that our Board would be so impressed by Harman that they would bin their own bid? At the end of the day they had the security of the charge on Adams Park due to the incompetance of Stroud & Co (with the potential of getting possession on our default), so basically had us by the short and curlies.

• I am very willing to help the club but do not want particularly any particular designated post as such. There are lots of other people with great experience who could also help. Brian Lee, for one, now that he’s moved back to the Wycombe area. And there’s a huge untapped resource in the ex-players association.

Any Trust-run club should have tapped into these people. There’s a massive amount of goodwill out there for WWFC. There needs some changes to existing personnel now after this whole debacle.

• You’re absolutely right @A_Worboys plenty of people in the local community willing to get involved and help without necessarily being in a official capacity. How many times have we debated the marketing topic to get a few more through the gates?

The next step is a meeting and it needs to happen ASAP!

• @A_Worboys - A pity someone of your experience and integrity isn't able or to undertake a more active role in the future of the club, but you say there are lots of experienced alternatives who would get involved in our club.

Can you not persuade your experienced acquaintances to put their name forward to replace this shower off a Board (Alan Cecil excluded)?

• I don't get the view that the Trust are completely self-serving, surely naive, but they aren't as selfish as many would have them to believe.

They saw that Bill and Jim's offer was the best at the time, and it's fallen through - it's not an outcome to presume they wanted the demise of the club for some strange reason.

The big worry, is why we have suddenly lost cash - and why this wasn't predicted last season... that in a few months we'd struggle to simply get by day-to-day.

• Any news from this meeting tonight ?

• @HolmerBlue, Trevor Stroud spoke at the meeting tonight, he said he had no prior knowledge before Thursday that they would pull out. He said he was very frustrated with the decision, he seemed very despondent.

He said that the Trust Board will talk to Andy Harman but he is currently abroad. Another party approached the club five weeks ago, they are very keen but he didn't want another break in the process, so left on back burner. This party want a majority share.

• Tony Sutton pressed Trevor for a Trust members meeting ASAP, so that members can hear what the plan is now, and lessons can be learnt. Trevor agreed a meeting will take place but not that quickly. Tony pressed him again Iater on this.

• When asked why both bids were not presented, for members to decide, Trevor said bidding is a very complicated business, best for Board to decide.

• Thanks @Steve_Peart , much appreciated.

Was there any mention of people standing down either from himself or the floor ?

• No mention of that @MindlessDrugHoover, the mood wasn't really that way. There were over 30 present, best turnout I've seen.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    When asked why both bids were not presented, for members to decide, Trevor said bidding is a very complicated business, best for Board to decide.

Did he use the words “don’t worry your pretty little heads about these things”?

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Tony Sutton pressed Trevor for a Trust members meeting ASAP, so that members can hear what the plan is now, and lessons can be learnt. Trevor agreed a meeting will take place but not that quickly. Tony pressed him again Iater on this.

Isn't Tony also on the board? Have another board member retweeting about the club not responding to Sergio Torres's questions about a showing of his film at the club. Add in Financial position, transfer limitations in January ( no 500 club needed?) and takeover progress, do we really think Trevor should be chair of both boards going forward??

• @Steve_Peart was there any clarity of the current financial position, wether the loan was a cashflow thing, partly paid back already or wether we need to be getting the collection tins out?

• @drcongo, he said that the Board are elected to take decisions like this.

There were three or four on the floor who criticised the Board, along the lines that the members should have voted on both bids, that the show of hands at the members meeting was not meant to give free reign to the Board in deciding the best bid ('beauty contest' was the implied intention), that communication from Board to members was not good (Trevor said he didn't want to keep saying there was no news and that a lack of transparency was down to commercial sensitivity), and that there was something of a disconnect between what the Board said at a meeting, and what they subsequently did.

The 75% threshold was discussed, Trevor said that reducing it in some way (only count voters, or reduce the figure) has been discussed by the board, and that one member was very keen to call an EGM to discuss changing it. He said there was a good reason for the high threshold, to stop the club being taken over by an influx of new members not acting in the club's best interests. It would, of course, take a 75% vote by all members to change it. Differing opinions on the floor, one saying that 75% of all members would never vote for any bid (too many non-voters), another saying they would vote overwhelmingly for the right bid, such as an Eisner at Pompey.

One on the floor really laid into the Americans for leaving in in the lurch, not being impressed with the interest deferral. I think moving the maturity of the loan from November, if that was the original date, to December was not much of a concession. Trevor was confident that the Americans would not call in the loan if it wasn't paid on time. The Board will not rush into deciding on new investment, they will take their time but the immediate problem is that a budget needs to be set for next season, the manager needs to know now what he has to play with. Trevor couldn't say for sure if the club could survive a summer of little income. The Board are currently working on producing a budget for a worst case scenario.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @drcongo, he said that the Board are elected to take decisions like this.

Trevor was confident that the Americans would not call in the loan if it wasn't paid on time.

I've been upto now very neutral regarding said person and the board in general but that statement scares the sh#t out of me.

"Confident" - not certain!

Was he suggesting none of it would be paid back by the new date or not all of it?

• I know some won't agree with me, but as far as I'm concerned regards @StrongestTeam question above, I don't think that Mr Stroud should be chair of either board never mind both. My guess is though that he'll hang on for as long as he can, as his boss won't let him quit

• From that comment about how if the Americans don't take over, the other party will sort the loan, to now saying the Americans won't call the loan if late.

How on earth can you be even confident on the latter now?!

• Andrew Howard ??

• There seemed to be a lack of general concern @Malone about the simple point that we borrowed £500,000 secured against the ground and aren't likely to be able to pay it back. This is as concerning as anything else I've read. If we've piddled it away so quickly what do we expect to lose this season overall.
    Also was there a bit in the interview when asked if the board believe something and he responded with yes I do? Maybe I'm being picky but some outrage is appropriate, we could hang on as the board have other options but they could be years away, maybe it does need an egm and new blood if there is interest.

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

Was he suggesting none of it would be paid back by the new date or not all of it?

That was not made clear.