Skip to content

Last six fixtures

So we are down to our last 6 fixtures and 19th in the league. We have Charlton, Southend, Wimbledon, Walsall, Rochdale and Fleetwood. We are 1 point above the relegation zone and no matter where we feel we should be in the league, we are now in a real relegation battle.
I certainly believe we can stay up but it is now more important than ever that we support our team to help in the battle ahead.
With Charlton, Walsall and Fleetwood at home we can help the team to 5 or six points from those home games by making Adams Park a fortress full of noise.
Then the away games, Southend, Wimbledon and Rochdale. All winnable and my prediction is we will take at least 5 points from those away games.
54/55 points final total. It is doable as long as we all keep the faith. We worked hard to get into this league and we are certainly not going to roll over. COYB.

Comments

• Positivity! Well said, sir.

• Absolutely @Blue_since_1990! By and large, the folk sat around me haven’t given up (with the team I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had enough of me). The Waldorf and Stadler tribute act in front of us refuse to see anything positive, mind...

• Yes of course, all we've been missing is noise. I knew there'd be a simple answer.

• At the match yesterday and have to say that when the team went at it with 10-15 mins remaining the crowd responded with more noise than in the previous 75 mins. It was exciting football with an atmosphere to match. Not really chicken and egg because it started with attacking intent tbh unseen until that point.

Is it just my memory or was that how we played at our best this season: on the front foot, getting stuck in to teams without waiting for them to score a couple before waking up and going for it.

I for one want to see a return to the tactics we employed early in the season, great admirer of GA as I am.

• We're playing well for the most part. We must cut out the errors that are costing us, take at least one more of our chances and hope for a bit of luck plus an error or two from the opposition.
    I

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Yes of course, all we've been missing is noise. I knew there'd be a simple answer.

You must be fun to sit next to at games.

• @glasshalffull I prefer to stand but pedantry aside, I am an absolute joy aren't I @eric_plant @ReadingMarginalista? cough

• see you tomorrow?

• @eric_plant Aye, I'm a glutton for punishment and no mistake. The Marquis de Sade didn't know he was born.

• I fancy us to get a result tomorrow

• @glasshalffull said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    Yes of course, all we've been missing is noise. I knew there'd be a simple answer.

You must be fun to sit next to at games.

I find his negativity comforting. It has accompanied every high point in Wycombe Wanderers' recent history

• @eric_plant I hope you're right...so many of the times I was certain we would get a result against a poor team proved disastrous. Wasn't Lee Bowyer slightly racist at some point?

• @Wendoverman What's the occasional "allegedly "racist attack in a McDonalds between friends?

• And being there when your mates attack an asian student in leeds was just pure bad luck

• @glasshalfempty Of course I'll be there tomorrow and glad of your company as always. You at pessimistic best/worst always makes me feel like a miraculous turnaround in fortunes is around the corner. It's when your optimism levels start to rise that I start to get worried.

• @ReadingMarginalista You’ll be heartened to hear I am not feeling even the tiniest bit optimistic for this evening.

• great news