Skip to content

WHC - Pompey and Charlton nailbiters

Comments

• An early goal for us, a win, and home in time for the 5.30 semi final game.

No, I'm dreaming, we will never ever finish a game before 4.55!

• Wycombe 5-2 Portsmouth. My 3yo daughter predicted that score!

• Imagine!
    Though I dare say my "pessism-ometre" wonders if we'll score 5 in the 7 left!!

• An unusual week as the WHC draws towards its conclusion.

Firstly our Oxford residents were presumably so traumatised by last weeks defeat that neither @OX66 nor leader @OxfordBlue could bring themselves to predict this week - maybe @Thicketblue comes from that way too.

With the leader absent, an opportunity for the other members of the top ten to catch up. 7 of 9 predicted a draw and came mighty close at the end but it was left to @Cecil and @DevC to score good points and close in at the top.

Three of our number, after almost a season of effort have scored precisely nil points. Respect sirs.

Remaining Charlton predictions in this thread please.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
    1 Oxford Blue 42 -2 0
    2 DevC 36 4 2
    3 ned Ludd 34 -1 -1
    4 Mooneyman 32 -1 -1
    5 Forever blue 30 -1 0
    6 Micra 22 -1 0
    7 cecil 21 4 2
    8 HolmerBlue 19 -1 -1
    9 LX 18 -1 -1
    10 Twizz 15 -1 0
    11 Shev 15 5 3
    12 Booker Tease 12 -2 -1
    13 Uncle T 10 -1 -1
    14 NorsQuarters 8 -2 -1
    15 Dr Congo 1 -2 1
    16 Ryan Kirkby 0 -4 -1
    17 Ox66 0 -2 0
    18 Railway Steve 0 -2 0
    19 Chris -4 5 1
    20 York exile -8 3 1
    21 Wendoverman -10 -1 -2
    22 Manboobs -12 5 2
    23 Johnny King -14 4 2
    24 Thicket blue -17 -2 -2
    25 Onlooker -18 -2 -2
  • The recovery starts soon. But not Tuesday.

Wycombe 0-2 Charlton

• Wycombe Wanderers 1 - 1 Charlton Athletic

• Wycombe 2 Charlton 1

• Oh dear...im being dragged into the relegation battle

• Wycombe 1-0 in an atmosphere that reeks of weak lemon drink and ready salted crisps

• Wycombe 1-2 Charlton

• Really dont know what to go for... so I'm going to just sit on the fence and go for a 1-1 draw please

• Inspired by yesterday, may I change my prediction for Tuesday from a 2-0 defeat to just a 2-1 defeat please?

• Wycombe Wanderers 1 Charlton Athletic 3

• @DevC Can you put me down for 2-1 to Wycombe for this and every other game? My MH nosedives spending any time on here these days so I can’t see me being around. Thanks for organising, it’s been fun.

• Wycombe 2-2 Charlton please

• Wycombe 2 - Charlton 2

• Noted @Ned_Ludd .

Even more important that relegation is avoided now if only to provide a season buffer if major reorganisation is required. Will the hammer blow inspire the team to a herculean effort or is a good team like Charlton a step too far in the circumstances. heart says win but head says sadly its a 0-2 defeat.

• Wycombe 1-1 Wor Jackie

• Who de Geordie @LX1 ?

• Whoops just fell in! He of Middlesbrough fame (amongst other claims).

• Wycombe 2 Charlton 1 please

• Wycombe 5-1 Charlton

• Wycombe 7- Charlton 0

Oh hang on, is this not the "have a stupid guess, thread"

• I’ll stick with 2-2 (predicted on 31 March) shared with the redoubtable @OxfordBlue and Good Guy @ForeverBlue. Remember how evenly contested the match at the Valley was - one of the rare occasions when Jombati and Stewart were our central defenders- shame about Sido’s unfortunate own goal of course. My Charlton mate says that they lost a lot of pace when Karlan Grant was sold to Huddersfield in January for an undisclosed fee (thought to be in the region of £1.5m.)

• @micra I could have gone for Bobby but his brother is far more interesting imho

• And mine @LX1. But Bobby is lovely.

• @Malone said:
    Wycombe 7- Charlton 0

Oh hang on, is this not the "have a stupid guess, thread"

If that's in reference to my 5-1 prediction, I let my 3yo daughter guess the score, like she has done the last couple of games. I've paid the entrance fee and got no chance of winning the league plus its only a bit of fun.

She gets excited when I talk to her about Wycombe and we're both looking forward to going to Rochdale away on good Friday.

• Nice one @ryan_w_kirkby. Good on her.
    You’re bringing her up well!