Skip to content

Partick Thistles new mascot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33225555

You can call me an old reactionary but that looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old.

Comments

• I think you may be insulting 99% of 5 year olds !

• I'd take that over 99% of other football mascots.

• Looks a bit like Lisa Simpson after meth

• Grab your cat and stick a pair of googly eyes on its non meowing end 'et voila!'

• Lisa Simpson after suffering a stroke.

• Bodgers great but kind of boring. Hes just a guy in Wycombe kit really. Would rather have the swan back or alternatively something else. (Walking chair?)

• A chair would be kind of amazing.

• What about a double whammy and have a chair with Bodger or Bluey the Swan sitting on it...?

It could be like one of those horse and jockey fancy dress outfits with the wearer's legs as the chair legs, and his body, arms and head in the character sitting on the chair.

• Wenshlild have the real Bodger and the mascot version walk round together!

• Bodger's got a mention in the Guardian's "The strange and sometimes terrifying world of football mascots – in pictures" http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2015/jun/23/strange-terrifying-world-football-mascots-in-pictures

• To be honest, I would have been disappointed in anything that wasn't an anthropomorphic thistle named Patrick.

• Bluey the Swan was shit. I hate football mascots anyway, Bodger is bearable because, as @MightyWanderer put it, "he's just a guy in Wycombe kit" and the kids seem to like him, but really, what's the point.

• I miss Bluey, his one wing holding his head on while the other held on for grim death to the girl walking him round. Happy days.

• Lets have Charlie the Chair! To be honest I think Wimbledon have the whole mascot thing nailed down with Womble. When they get their new stadium they will be a class act. Always had a soft spot for them since Franchise so good for them.

• Horrendous combination of shit mascot and shit commercial tie-in. I feel for Jags fans whose club has become a laughing stock because of this utterly hare-brained scheme.

• I had a standing bet of £50 for my mate to go on the pitch and rugby tackle Bluey the Swan...always thought he was a bit pants.....

• I'll always fondly remember Swansea players taking target practice at him and the cheer that went up from all four side of the ground when one of them managed to get him right in the side of his stupid wobbly head.

• Bring back Bluey the Swan!