Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

Comments

• You really are an idiot Richie. All the blame lies with the Trust Board not carrying out the investment process in a professional and competent manner.

• That is just plain nasty @rmjlondon and totally uncalled for.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Harman has fucked this up for the club - I hope everybody is happy now and Id rather be in the southern league than allow him anywhere near the club !!!

I think that's a bit harsh on Andrew Harman, who I believe did enter into this venture with honest intentions. Maybe a deal might have been concluded faster with the American investors if Andy had not put a business proposal forward and then withdraw it later on. However where do you suppose that would leave us now, with potentially two very disenchanted American investors dismayed by the team's current level of performance and risk of relegation. They would probably be thinking that they's bought a pup and would now be looking to cut their loses and pull out, leaving us well and truly in the merde!

• @micra said:
    That is just plain nasty @rmjlondon and totally uncalled for.

There are several people in the Facebook group claiming the same thing, that this is all Harman’s fault. I just don’t understand how they can come to that conclusion. If the Americans truly were serious then they wouldn’t let that interfere with their plans to have some fun (and make a little money along the way..,).

• The Harman alternative bid situation could have been avoided if the Trust board were a bit more proactive in sounding him out when they decided that they were open for offers of investment.
    The delay in the meeting could be entirely incidental, or it could be a sign that the Trust's preferred deal is stuttering. The timing is unfortunately with form on the pitch taking a hit, though if Luby and Collis are genuinely serious the league we're in shouldn't be a deciding factor.

• One of the natural aspects of human nature is to desire a single scapegoat when things go wrong, but situations are almost always complex, with a variety of factors and motivations at work. It is possible for everyone involved to be trying, and above board, and yet for things to still go very wrong.

In this case, the only true scapegoat for me (should a single one be needed) is the greed that has become systemic in football at the highest levels, that has the trickle down effect of making it almost impossible for a club such ours to live within it's means, no matter how honest the endeavor.

• Very well said @Shev , it’s sad but true that it is nigh on impossible now.
    Any experts here in how the German model works, where I believe all clubs must be majority owned by the supporters? Where does the investment come from to keep those clubs afloat?

• @ReadingMarginalista - I think the league we are in is actually critical to the Americans. There intention was to "stabilise" us financially, possibly get us in the Championship and then eventually sell us on to a third party. The value of a second division club is going to be lower than an established first division club, and the number of interested bidders would also probably be lower.

• The people who inhabit some of these social media sites and the drivel they spout would put off any investor...i suppose we should be grateful they are not claiming Gareth turned them down or Aaron Pierre nutted them. 'I know the lads involved and they're okay there was no need for him to headbutt their offer...'

• Given we’ve been relegated from League One the last three seasons we’ve played in it you’d think Bill and Jim’s due diligence would have got them to point of understanding that relegation was a pretty big risk.

I’m not buying that one personally but like others have said let’s jus wait and see what actually happens this week before jumping to conclusions and even more ridiculously blaming people for things that may not have even happened.

At the end of the day Bill and Jim are being given an opportunity to buy the club, subject to the approval of the members. Its up to them whether they do or don’t choose to go ahead as it’s their money.

Let’s see if they still want to and if they don’t find out what the alternatives are.

• Maybe they don't want to invest in a team that hasn't won in 11 games, plus the manager is on a long contract and don't want to pay him off. Americans demand success from when they invest in something not failure it's the way they are.

• If they were so short term in their view that they didn’t want to buy a club based on the results of the last eleven matches then they would definitely be the wrong people to invest in our, or anyone elses’s, football club.

• Harman will be back in now but he will never succeed !!

• Another viewpoint, is that they had to accept a delay when our "fan" bundled in with his little splinter movement, so we can't really moan at them delaying It now.

If they do pull out now, and want this loan back quickly, we're in a leeetle bit of trouble.
    Just when we want all the focus to be on the pitch!

• even if they dont want it back were in trouble !!

• Hopefully all options are given full consideration on Wednesday.

Trust Members Update 7th April

I have called a Trust board meeting for Wednesday evening and a further update will be issued on Thursday 11th.

Please accept my apologies and I will ensure you are kept up to speed with developments.

• I'm surprised so many have given Bill and Ted's "bid" the credence it so clearly doesn't deserve. But then again there are so many whose eyes are blinded by pound signs and are desperate to sell out I am not really surprised at all.

• We truly are the keystone cops of football clubs. Like a clown car shedding bits of its dignity at every turn.

• Either that or no club in the football league !!!
    Come back Andrew Howard please ?> @glasshalfempty said:

I'm surprised so many have given Bill and Ted's "bid" the credence it so clearly doesn't deserve. But then again there are so many whose eyes are blinded by pound signs and are desperate to sell out I am not really surprised at all.

• And I’m the idiot and anti-club agenda laden scum for highlighting the appalling process and forecasting the almost guaranteed cluster£)£k result the disgraceful lack of governance , process and basic nouse was always going to lead to .

Rank amateurs allowing personal interest to make our fine club a laughing stock .

• We don't know what the bid is or isn't or whether it still exists.

• @ marlowchair, I hope you still have 4 legs to sit on , unlike the trust who look like having no legs to stand on.

• Unbelievable how a bandwagon can be jumped on by so many people. A meeting is delayed and suddenly we’re being relegated, our would be investors have flown and marlowchair reappears, patting himself on the back for spreading rumours.
    I repeat, I have no idea why their visit has been postponed but there could be a multitude of genuine reasons. Let’s calm down and wait for developments.

• What a clown you are Al

Spreading rumours ? No, acknowledging the train wreck is happening that I warned you about 18months ago has arrived . Yes.

What is happening here is akin to me sitting next to you enjoying your free meal watching in the Beechdean stand ,me telling you the formation is wrong , the team is split on politics , the manager has favourites and is picking whoever secures his job outside of football the best, the basic kit things like washing kit and booking coaches aren’t being done , and me reminding you as every goal goes in that it’s happening and why ....

You saying it’s fine, I’m full of crap , I don’t have a clue , my info is wrong , it will all be okay .......

This on repeat as the first , second , and their own goal goes in ......

It’s 6-0 with 10 minutes of regulation time remaining and you lean over now telling me “ you’re just a rumour monger “

Embarrassing.

• Frankly, I don’t care what you think about me as I only want the approval of people I respect. All you have done is throw mud from a distance behind a made up name.
    Tell me what you have done for the club, tell me why you aren’t as outspoken in public meetings as you are on this forum, tell me why you have so many personal vendettas.

• Isn't Glasshalffull a made up name ?

• As you constantly refer to me by my name that seems a rather pointless question Mr.Harps (if that’s your real name).

• Maybe you should come up with a new name, so we might not realise it's you.
    Here's a suggestion, 'Free meal Parry'.

• We are looking at an investment bid which may or may not be acceptable to those able to vote...not sure how it makes us a laughing stock any more than any other club looking to survive. Blackpool. Bolton.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Maybe you should come up with a new name, so we might not realise it's you.
    Here's a suggestion, 'Free meal Parry'.

The fact that you have to resort to personal insults and (by the way) an incorrect accusation says a great deal about you as a person.