Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

This email just sent out. Read into it what you will

Trust Members Update 7th April

Dear Trust Member,

I have been advised that Bill Luby and Jim Collis are unable to join us for the planned meeting on Wednesday 10th April and therefore the meeting is postponed.

I am sure you will feel as frustrated as I do at this further delay in the voting process, and I will advise as soon as possible of the revised date.

I have called a Trust board meeting for Wednesday evening and a further update will be issued on Thursday 11th.

Please accept my apologies and I will ensure you are kept up to speed with developments.

Comments

• Dear oh dear

• Hope they don’t want their money back in a hurry!

• Can we read into this that whilst they’re willing to plough money into a League One club, a League Two club just wouldn’t be as fun?

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Hope they don’t want their money back in a hurry!

They can always exercise their right under the charge and take possession of Adams Park!

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Can we read into this that whilst they’re willing to plough money into a League One club, a League Two club just wouldn’t be as fun?

More likely they are pissed off with the idiot Harman and have decided to try elsewhere and who would blame them !!!

• What a shower. Months of hype and now descending into farce.

• the whole club is a farce and if they want there money back we will be starting next season in administration with minus 12 points !!!

• This might not be a shambles but it'll certainly do the job until the shambles gets here

• From the last few days vibes I thought this might happen. I certainly hadn't arranged travels plans for Wednesday. I am not sure any of the theories above are the reason behind the delay but it will create another void to be filled with speculation.

My view is its actually a good thing as the focus now should be around the action on the pitch. The 'guys' may or may not come over the bid for the club but every delay is making the 75% threshold ever more impossible.

• To paraphrase Mark Twain, better for people to think you're incompetent, than try to broker a takeover and remove all doubt

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Fred Karno's circus springs to mind. I was expecting to be receiving details of the proposal and then this turns up. It's descending into farce. It's all very frustrating on and off the pitch at the moment. I can't see the likes of Gape signing new contracts when there's no guarantee the club can afford to pay their wages going forward. It's grim stuff.

• Even with these twists and turns the trust board still won’t change the constitution of the 75% majority and reduce it to something like 70% -65%. But yet all the would be bidders can do what the heck they like. The bidders being Europe and the club, Mrs May

• edited April 2019

@rmjlondon said:

@Last_Quarter said:
    Can we read into this that whilst they’re willing to plough money into a League One club, a League Two club just wouldn’t be as fun?

More likely they are pissed off with the idiot Harman and have decided to try elsewhere and who would blame them !!!

The majority of the blame lies with Stroud and Co not Harman. The way this search for investment has been carried out is an absolute disgrace.

• In my experience deals that stall have a habit of eventually falling over. Have feared that might happen at the death since the Harman fiasco.

Hopeful but not optimistic that it’s a delay and not terminal.

• Andrew Harman’s bid was dismissed by the Trust Board in favour of “Bill & Jim’s”.
    Can we therefore IMMEDIATELY have details of their takeover plans. This last-minute cancellation is extremely inconvenient. I, for one, cancelled an important business trip in order to make the meeting in High Wycombe. I want to know what the hell is going on!

• I suspect the Americans will continue to stall until they find out whether we stay up or not.

• Shower shit of board twats useless up piss confidence ? Vote

Organise into correct order please

• http://www.hemelfc.com/

Just doing some planning for 2022/23

• Mr Parry will be able to relive memories of 30 odd years ago!

• We're fucked .

• One simple question: why do people jump to doomsday conclusions when no one (myself included) has any idea why the meeting has been postponed?
    I’m not saying that you’re wrong, just that you can’t possibly know the reasons.

• It's been postponed very close to the day of the meeting.

So either it's been known for a while it's not taking place and for some reason we haven't been told, or the Americans have cancelled at the last minute.

I'm not sure there's much grounds for optimism in either scenario to be honest, do you?

I think we'd probably expect more of an explanation than "they can't make it", don't you?

• As I’ve said, I have no idea why they postponed. You are making assumptions that may or not be correct but is still guesswork.

• The statement that we haven't been told why the meeting is off is not an assumption though is it?

• That's just it - the deliberate vagueness of the statement. In their shoes (both the Trust and Bill & Jim) I would have offered a reason - unavoidable late business commitment in USA, family reasons etc. Come to think of it had I been Bill /Jim I would have drafted something personal and reassuring to be distributed to the members.

• Fully agree with that @Slaphead. I fear the damage is done.

• @glasshalffull said:
    As I’ve said, I have no idea why they postponed. You are making assumptions that may or not be correct but is still guesswork.

However it's not an unreasonable assumption to make and people will understandably jump to conclusions, especially bearing in mind the team's recent run of form and its dangerous proximity to the relegation zone. Furthermore, no specific explanation has been given as to why these two guys can't make it along to the meeting that was planned for Wednesday. They are certainly not winning the charm offence by cancelling without explanation, at very short notice and immediately after the team losing at home to Portsmouth at the weekend, taking us within a point or two of the drop zone. Let's not forget, these two guys are businessmen and in general Americans do love a winner, which we clearly are not at this present time.

• With games Saturday , Sunday (the odd celebrity thing) , and Tuesday some of the staff will be happy of the day off.

It does stink a bit though. Totally agree with @Slaphead above. Takeovers can be completed very quickly if there is the desire and the board have had enough info to recommend the sales for many months now. Its not unreasonable to wonder what is going on and why they can't share it.

• Harman has fucked this up for the club - I hope everybody is happy now and Id rather be in the southern league than allow him anywhere near the club !!!