Skip to content

Wimbledon Tickets

I don’t often post but wanted to know how many more people were trying to buy Wimbledon tickets and being told they didn’t have the required four away tickets on the club system

I have bought at lleast five away games through the club this season, but was initially told only the Oxford game was showing up. I insisted on speaking to someone more senior and was then told I had two accounts on the system and that the Portsmouth game was on the other account but that there was still no record of the other games.

Apparently two other people had had similar experiences already and this was only an hour after Wimbledon tickets went on sale.

I was particularly annoyed as I wanted one of the 74 seats and I am now going to have to hope that there are still some available on Monday when they go on sale to all season ticket holders.

Comments

• edited April 2019

Why would that be? Sarfend is my only away game this season and I got a ticket without the Spanish Inquisition. Are the Dons a Category 1 game?

• Aaaah. I get it @Blue60 . Sorry for your troubles. Add Wimbledon ticket allocation failures to the list!!

• It's a total farce. I have ticket stubs for away games and just because I choose not buy them through the club I get penalised for that decision.

• @Blue60 said:
    I don’t often post but wanted to know how many more people were trying to buy Wimbledon tickets and being told they didn’t have the required four away tickets on the club system

I have bought at lleast five away games through the club this season, but was initially told only the Oxford game was showing up. I insisted on speaking to someone more senior and was then told I had two accounts on the system and that the Portsmouth game was on the other account but that there was still no record of the other games.

Apparently two other people had had similar experiences already and this was only an hour after Wimbledon tickets went on sale.

I was particularly annoyed as I wanted one of the 74 seats and I am now going to have to hope that there are still some available on Monday when they go on sale to all season ticket holders.

Yes. We’ve had the same issue.

• Yes, I rang twice to be firstly informed I had five qualifying games and then four??

• @M3G said:
    It's a total farce. I have ticket stubs for away games and just because I choose not buy them through the club I get penalised for that decision.

Have the club categorically stated that if you presented the stubs, you wouldn't be given a priority ticket?

• So do I have to catch a train @£75 return to go to the ticket office to show my stubs?

• It's a farce. I too have called the club and after waiting on hold while they checked purchase history I was also told I didn't qualify.
    I've been to at least Coventry, Sunderland, Luton & Oxford.

Another ticketing fiasco is brewing ...

• @M3G said:
    So do I have to catch a train @£75 return to go to the ticket office to show my stubs?

I don't know the best resolution in that scenario if they did accept them, but you can't expect the club to just take your word on it can you? Otherwise I suspect a lot of people would suddenly have been to 4 away games.

Anyway, it seems the club have posted on twitter that they don't accept them anyway, so its a moot point.

• edited April 2019

You can't go off stubs, as people will simply borrow their mates' ones.
    I think I've been to 3 this year, and none of those are on the database.

Gonna be a right old kerfuffle getting tickets.

Don't we have at least 2,000 season ticket holders for starters?!

If there's only about 350 or so left once the STH with 4 gang have shown up, it'll be blitzing the office at 9am, hoping one of the 2 people who answer deal with it quicker than whoever shows up in the flesh.

May look at just going in the home end. Not ideal, but it'll be a much better view than that dreadfully narrow terrace with the dugout blocking you!

• What are the rules for live streaming back to Adams Park?

• On previous occasions stubs have been accepted, although this doesn't help those who don't live in the area.

The duplicate account thing seems to be commonplace. I've had this for a number of seasons, they don't seem to be able to consolidate them into one account.

• I bet a lot of people are thinking, "i wish i'd bothered to go through the super painstaking process of standing there waiting for them to key tickets onto my account" now.

• I would just never think of bothering to buy from the club for the away games I've been to - Walsall, Scunthorpe, Charlton, Gillingham, Peterborough and others - just no need for it. Oxford is the only one as there was a chance of not getting a ticket in the away end.

• edited April 2019

Sometimes you do buy them from WWFC and arrange to pick them up at the away ground and then on the day they haven’t arrived. This happened to a fair number of fans at Bradford this season, and I don’t think that was the only occasion.

• @Mr67 said:
    What are the rules for live streaming back to Adams Park?

I think I recall someone saying it can be permissible under certain conditions. I think we looked at it for a game a couple of seasons ago. I want to say that @AlanCecil mentioned he club had looked into it but I may be wrong.

• it is an interesting idea for those who do not travel and for swelling the coffers...drink, crisps, etc, though I would imagine the paying a tenner for streaming service would not be happy or allow it to happen!

• Although for a general sat game they wouldn't be allowed to do so any way.

• probably a dead rubber and 25 people
    Turn up cant see it being beamed back
    !!