Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• All not well at the incomplete ground. Apparently players and staff either weren't paid or were paid late yesterday. Obviously wouldn't wish a bad owner and financial troubles on any legitimate football club (and I'm sure their lovely fans would wish us well were it the other way round) but hopefully it may serve as something of a distraction/demotivator for them.

• Ref: @Jonny_King - Seeing as we are all going to be squeezed together, facebookers and gasroomers shall we sing: "You'll be paid in the morning" or "You'll be sacked in the morning"?

Alternatives are: "We're owned by the fans" and "Where's your money gone, where's your money gone" and wasn't there a chant about pensions from way back.

.....and should I make this post on facebook?

• To be honest, I'd personally rather not taunt fans of another club over off the pitch troubles. I know they'd do it to us, but that's not the point. Not a criticism of you at all mate, it's just my opinion and of course people can sing whatever they like. Hopefully there'll be enough misery for them on the pitch for us to sing about.

Unfortunately I'm working today so can't be there anyway. Safe travels to everyone and give the boys a cheer from me.

• edited March 2019

Echoes of the game Rhino stepped in to manage at Orient. Hope it'll be nice and loud and we'll get some points. Earlier in the season against us they looked pretty good but with no end product. Happy to scrape the narrowest of wins today.

• 3 sides - you've only got 3 sides ?

• Not the line up I was expecting, I am sure GA has it all sused though with 2 weeks to prepare.

• Basically a bunch of battlers. The tough need to get going and I’m sure they will. Probably won’t be pretty. COYB!!

• I am just glad the games are going to come thick and fast now. Two weeks with the Shrewsbury aftertaste was actually not too fun at all!

Come on you Chairboys!

• Oh crap El-Abd starts, Stewart and Jombati are our best pairing imho.

• Some of the Oxford fans look like cars.

• 1-0! El-Abd!

• @Shev said:
    1-0! El-Abd!

Whoops! LOL!

• To be fair, I agree with your earlier statement, @robin.

• Damn 1-1.

• Battling away, Samuel our best player, Oxford nothing like the team that got a draw at our place.. I might re-think my prediction.

• Allsop back in next week?

• @Will_i_ams said:
    Oxford nothing like the team that got a draw at our place.

In a good way or a bad way?

• Good way, a poor side compared to earlier in the season...

• Cheers! Fingers crossed for the second half. Sounds like we've looked a little shaky at the back so far.

• Ainsworth has lost the plot. Choice of goalkeeper unforgiveable I'm afraid

• Funny (in a bad way) that no-one has mentioned JJ’s penalty miss. The second one against Luton still rankles. Love the guy and he’s joint leading scorer etc but......just saying.

• Off the bar from Bayo!

• On top but Yves is terrifying.

• Seriously thought Yves might be subbed.
    Surprised he started.

• I am expecting a Yves Ma-Kalamity.

• How many fucking times? Massive blow.

• Well, we have a real fight on our hands now for the rest of the season, what an absolute kick to the gut

• For fucks sake.

• I’ve just let out the loudest f***k ever, scaring the life out of the dog. You really couldn’t make it up.