Skip to content

Le retour au stade des trois côtés - Oxford (a) - crowd speculation - Match 39 - Sat 30.03.19

13»

Comments

• @Steve_Peart said:
    This will be our largest away league following since Orange Day on 22/09/2001, when we took 2711 to Reading.

Next largest are both Oxford, 1796 on 09/04/2011 and 1690 on 01/11/2014.

Steve, how about these others since Orange Day?

29/12/2001 QPR 2298
    12/04/2008 Franchise FC 1943

• @th100 said:
    I know 1,850 is the final number of tickets sold, but is there not a decent chance more actual seats than that will be available, depending on whereabouts they put the segregation?

That's the sensible answer. Given that Oxford are probably unlikely to sell out, can they not just adjust the segregation netting so that we have another, say 100-200 seats available on our side, but which are not specifically put on sale? So groups of friends who find themselves unable to sit with each other can just move to that overflow area?

Likewise, if the 'lads' all come in at 2.55, and aren't able to all stand together, they can also move there.

I'm guessing that might be one of the reasons the usable capacity of the away stand at AP was cut from over 2,000 to 1,800.

• @NewburyWanderer, thanks, I overlooked the QPR one, chairboys.co.uk gives it as 2343. They give the Franchise one as 1300. What source are you using?

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @NewburyWanderer, thanks, I overlooked the QPR one, chairboys.co.uk gives it as 2343. They give the Franchise one as 1300. What source are you using?

Might have been the stats page of our programme at the time, or the official website.
    If neither of those contained the info, then possibly the opposition website.

• I don’t recall enforcement at Oxford myself. Personally for away sections I think, unless there’s a clear safety issue, then just do as Luton do and don’t even print seat numbers on the tickets. For other clubs as you can’t select your seats when booking, all enforcement does is make people sit where they most likely don’t want to be.

• 8286 with 1850 from Wycombe.

• 8247 with 1798 Chairmetrpolans

• 8107, with 1750 singing songs about car parks.

• .Latest predictions as of 09:45 on Matchday -

Average for Total Crowd: 8219
    Average for Light n' Dark Blue Army 1669

23 predictions so there may be a few to come.

I have altered my own away prediction to 1843.

• 8000 inc 1750

• 8282 with 1808

• I've finally found the attendance which was 9,250 with 1,716 Chairboys.

• Amazed how many empty seats there were in our section

• Mr Monk made the same comment @Onlooker.

• Thought we had sold 1,850 tickets!

• Maybe 134 were prevented on the day by illness, family circumstances or whatever from attending. And maybe some decided that they had better things to do on what was a gloriously warm and sunny spring day.
    On a broadly similar note Colin Murray (on Quest highlights show) was saying how great it was to see the fans flocking back to watch Blackpool when all I could see were vast expanses of empty red (tangerine) seats.

• @micra it's perfectly understandable that unforeseeable events can lead to a change of plan but I'd be amazed if anyone decided against making the trip to Oxford because the sun was out. It always seems to be beautiful weather when we play there but I don't ever recall it negatively affecting the attendance.

• @micra 134 no-shows are an awful lot especially bearing in mind the price of the tickets.

• It’s a right bloody conundrum and no mistake Guv.

• I wonder if a commensurate reduction ought to be factored in for the Wimbledon game.

By my reckoning 7.24% no-shows would reduce our share of the attendance by 54/55 to 698/699.

• A cruel game again: there were 25 predictions and no-one was within a hundred.

Congratulations to @YorkExile who was the closest to 9250 with a prediction of 8913.
    @Blueaverage was out by 1037.

Better luck to us all with the Portsmouth game .....