Skip to content

To the end of the season

2»

Comments

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Gawd...depressing summer on the Gasroom then! Why has he done that? Why has he not done that? We will regret that! I'm not sure he's up to it! Dave Tarpey! etc etc etc

I blame the Americans!

But surely they will save us with business acumen to rival Jeff Bezos and pockets deeper than the Grand Canyon. And all that in exchange for a ready supply of ready salted and some fun-filled Saturday afternoons. I’m expecting Hudson-Odoyi to be signed in time for a pre-season with Aldershot.

• I suppose we need to get the Div 1 survival job done first before we worry about the squad for next season.
    Lets start with the hammering of the PNL on Saturday. See we have over 1,500 fans going to the three sided ground, should be a great atmosphere. COYB!!!!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    I suppose we need to get the Div 1 survival job done first before we worry about the squad for next season.
    Lets start with the hammering of the PNL on Saturday. See we have over 1,500 fans going to the three sided ground, should be a great atmosphere. COYB!!!!

Certainly up for this one. Be bloody miserable if we lose though...

• Warm yourself up by wading through this https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/oxford-v-wycombe-this-saturday.2068/

Ticks all the tedious cliche boxes: tinpot club/town; anti-football; Ainsworth is a p*key; shithole ground (oh the irony). But mostly six pages claiming we're not local rivals and they don't care about us. Six pages.

• Yep, they're all there

Milk Cup...old division 1

• I particularly liked the one that said 'why do we have a version of this thread every time we play them?'.

• This one is triuly magnificent

"Can I just say they have a massive chip on their shoulder, play in a sh1th0le , are desperate for a rivalry and play a disgraceful brand of football advocated by a fool"

And the one who called us "Plucky", and slating non league, when they've spent quite a bit of recent time there, and we haven't!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Warm yourself up by wading through this https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/oxford-v-wycombe-this-saturday.2068/

Ticks all the tedious cliche boxes: tinpot club/town; anti-football; Ainsworth is a p*key; shithole ground (oh the irony). But mostly six pages claiming we're not local rivals and they don't care about us. Six pages.

Well that’s five minutes of my life I’ll never get back. And that Glover fella on there is eerily reminiscent of certain posters on here With his wit and style.

• I waded through all six pages last night, mildly better than visiting A&E with a pieced eyeball. All the usual insulting references. The ones that stood out were mentioning our shite ground and words to effect that he/she couldn't wait till we go bust! FFS, we own our ground, it has four sides and to the best of my knowledge, HMRC haven't applied to the courts for a winding up petition three times in the last year. If I were a fan of that club, that is where I would have my focus.

• Wont be long if we dont accept the american’s deal !!!

@EwanHoosaami said:
    I waded through all six pages last night, mildly better than visiting A&E with a pieced eyeball. All the usual insulting references. The ones that stood out were mentioning our shite ground and words to effect that he/she couldn't wait till we go bust! FFS, we own our ground, it has four sides and to the best of my knowledge, HMRC haven't applied to the courts for a winding up petition three times in the last year. If I were a fan of that club, that is where I would have my focus.

• Just bought shares in Cressex filling station

• I think he’s just “keeping it real”. Worth reminding those who got vertigo just before Xmas just what an achievement survival would be - and bang in line with the long term plan.

He’s also talked about how he’s looking forward to the possibility of being slightly less financially constrained next year. All subject to lots of things, of course.

• edited March 2019

Lu'on must be happy they are at home tomorrow...be tiring to be marching with Tommy for Brexit and against them muslins today and then having to get up to Blackpool.
    UPDATE:
    Bloody hell...read it wrong. They are at Bristol! Busy weekend for the true Patriots!

• Aren’t the true Patriots in New England this weekend?

• Do we think a win or a loss after extra time and penalties in the Checkatrade would serve us best for the Pompey game?

• We’ll beat Pompey anyway Wendoverman. Every match a cup final from here on in but the Chairboys can do it.

• I hope not every match. I hope we’re safe at least by the time we play Fleetwood and preferably a game or two sooner!