Away v Oxford - Wycombe loss (0 points)
Home v Portsmouth - Draw (1 point)
Home v Charlton - Draw (1 point)
Away v Southend - Loss (0 points)
Away v Rochdale - Draw (1 point)
Home v Walsall - Wycombe win (3 points)
Away v Wimbledon - Draw (1 point)
Home v Fleetwood - Draw (1 point)

Final total 52 points and survival in League One for next year.

Comments

• Relying on lots of draws in that scenario. Id hope to get at least two wins.

• I would expect to lose against Pompey and Charlton and draw the rest. Any wins would be a bonus

• I'd expect to lose most of those.

• I wouldn't be so sure that 52 points would guarantee survival this year.

• 57 points for me, give Mick Davies and Matt Cecil a run out against Fleetwood to allow players holidays to start early.

• What a cheery thread!

• Early season euphoria gives way to League Two style pessimism...has anyone asked 'What happened to the five year plan??' yet?

• When the cheeriest thread is a guy predicting one win in the last 8, you know we're on a bad run!

Having said that, this is the most key summer of business for Ainsworth since we dribbled to an attacking halt trying to hoof it to Hayes and Thompson that end of season.

He got it right that summer, so we have to have faith it'll be the same again.

• You've got that right @Malone if he's still here after the result of the moneybags vote.

• @peterparrotface said:
    57 points for me, give Mick Davies and Matt Cecil a run out against Fleetwood to allow players holidays to start early.

Surely Richie must be given a go as the midfield dynamo!

• @mooneyman richie? Depends who the ref is and Ainsworth will probably be playing his mates anyway.

• @Wendoverman - I always thought Gareths's best bosom buddy was Richie. Where else does he get his exclusive information on our imminent signings and outgoings?

• Oh no @mooneyman richie has hated Gareth for a long time...most recently for getting promoted I assume.

• @peterparrotface said:
    57 points for me, give Mick Davies and Matt Cecil a run out against Fleetwood to allow players holidays to start early.

Stick the lad who washes the kit in goal, clean sheet guaranteed (for more reasons than one).

• I think we need to revert to the 11 who started against Sunderland but with Paris starting in place of the Man City lad.
    Sido and Stewart our best centre back pairing.

• Agreed El-Abd needs dropping, recently he's been sent off, given penalties away or needless free kicks just outside the area.

• Not a chance he will drop Adam sadly - one of his mates

• Agree about Sido and Stewart.

• Sido deserves a place and if we can just stick with that 11 used against Sunderland with Paris starting and Gape in for Bean (forgot that previous post), then I feel confident we can pick up enough points to move away from danger.
    El Abd has become a bit of a risk and although I like Bayo a lot, I think that the 11 outlined above will allow us to play more controlled football and have the pace in the side to close down defenders and utilise any space.

• Has El Abd another year after this one?

• El-Abd is contracted until 2020. Yves, Yates, Charles, Harriman, Bean, Gape, PCH, Kashket, Tyson and Bayo all out of contract this summer https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wycombe-wanderers/kader/verein/2805/saison_id/2018/plus/1

• IMHO, I would only keep Gape and Paris out of hat lot, that is if we can convince Gape to stay. Maybe if we get all this new cash into the club we can give him an improved contract.

• Gape, PCH and Tyson for me...pity about a woefully underused Harriman but would Kashket (if he can stay uninjured) be better used in a non-Bayo formation?

• A huge summer for us - arguably the biggest in Gareth's time here alongside that post Torquay summer.

Loads of players out of contract, and very few with a sensible case to stay.

Gape will surely go, meaning we need a lot of boosting in both quality and numbers in most positions bar right back and centre back.
    And even centre back you could argue about, as we've conceded tonne loads.

• Gawd...depressing summer on the Gasroom then! Why has he done that? Why has he not done that? We will regret that! I'm not sure he's up to it! Dave Tarpey! etc etc etc

• Keep Scotty K paying him peanuts, keep P C-H class squad player but we can’t expect him to deliver every week, sadly Tyse’s legs have gone let go, Gape will go ( who knows a deal may already be done?? Bayo has already moved on mentally, Harry out of favour and out of sorts, Charles? ( oh yeh I remember), Yves keep for minimum money, Yates latest in a long line of no where near league football young keepers ( do we get some sort of YTS funding for these bench warmers?).

• @Wendoverman said:
    Gawd...depressing summer on the Gasroom then! Why has he done that? Why has he not done that? We will regret that! I'm not sure he's up to it! Dave Tarpey! etc etc etc

I blame the Americans!

• I don't want to get unduly concerned but has anyone else noticed that he's referred the the "end of the 5 year plan" a few times lately?

If he keeps us up this season will he consider it job done?

• No worries @eric_plant , Trevor will be on soon to tell it like it is anyway so get in there early. I thought this was the start of a second five year plan...but I could be mis-remembering.
    Perhaps part of it was getting a 75 % threshold for the 'guys' and their bid.