Skip to content

Reading Ladies FC at Adams Park

Just seeking information. Assuming Reading Ladies FC stay on at Adams Park next season should WWFC do more to promote their presence there . Currently we do nothing to advertise their games Is this because the deal means we get no income from the games other than the rent and so increasing the gate would not earn us extra cash? With women's football getting an ever increasing profile I just wonder if we are missing a financial trick here?

Comments

• I note that Reading FC Women have decided to play their FA Cup Semi-final against West Ham Utd FC Women, at Adams Park, rather than at the Madjeski. They prefer to play on their 'home' pitch.

It's on Sunday 14 April at 12:30, reasonable prices, £6 adults, £3 children, £12 family. That's the same day the Chairgirls play their key league game against Abingdon Utd at Flackwell College. The 2:30 k.o. doesn't quite allow time to see both matches in full.

Incidentally, the Chairgirls U-18 team will be playing at Adams Park on Sunday 5 May at 4:30, against Caversham U-18 Swans in the Berks & Bucks U-18 Final. The U-14 and U-16 Finals will also be played there prior to their game.

• Well it is a bit ridiculous. We want to promote our own ladies but we entertain Reading ladies.

• All about maximising our income I’m afraid.

• Which was my question what is the deal..?

• I honestly have no idea

• Would somebody in the know care to enlighten us?

• We compensate local libraries to the tune of £300 per match