Skip to content

Stuart McCall Sacked

https://mobile.twitter.com/SUFCOfficial/status/1109862466551459840/photo/1

Stuart McCall has been sacked as Scunthorpe manager. I thought Scunthorpe United looked good in both games against us. Thoughts?

Poll not found

Comments

• I thought they were very lucky to beat us at their place. An inexplicable error by Rocky led to their goal and that's all that they threatened. We had an equaliser given by both officials then Scunthorpe players complained and it was chalked off after a discussion between ref and asst ref.

• Seems a bit harsh given the improvement they made starting with the win against us. I'm sure they are still above where they were when he came in. Suppose you never know exactly what's going on behind the scenes...

• @woodlands said:
      We had an equaliser given by both officials then Scunthorpe players complained and it was chalked off after a discussion between ref and asst ref.

I’m not convinced that’s what actually happened. I agree there was a discussion between ref and assistant likely as to which players were offside and which were involved in active play. I doubt it was related to the complaints.

• I thought they were poor at AP and below average up there.

• I shouldn't worry, the way things are going at Valley Parade this season I'm sure he will be back for yet another stint in charge!

• Southend have just sacked Powell too.

• If you can keep your head while all about you are losing there's and blaming it on you.

As another manager once said.

• Poor old Chris Powell...so lots of teams on a bad run getting shot of the manager...so which one will get the man to save them?