Skip to content

David Roberton resignation from Trust & WWFC Boards

Something must be wrong inside the boardroom if a talented, intelligent, dedicated, level-headed guy like David has resigned his positions?

This guy was a positive, steadying influence all the way through the turmoil of the supporters taking control of the club from Hayes/Beeks , steadying the finances and getting us onto an even keel.

Extremely sad (and worried) to see him go.

Who does that now leave on the Trust Board for the meeting on Thu 25th??

Comments

• He was also widely credited to being a major part of the excellent player recruitment over the past couple of seasons.
    Perfect time to start shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Maybe it's being done for personal reasons rather than problems. Sad to see David go though. He did a good job.

• Following on the footsteps of the recent posting re. Berks reappointment, coincidence?

• Beeks even!

• According to the article on the official website the structure of both Trust and Club boards will be discussed at the next Trust board meeting.

Perhaps I've become too cynical, but I really don't like the sound of that.

• Whatever the ins out outs of this, I would like to thank Dave for his amazing input over the last couple of years. Dave will be a hard act to follow!

If only I was a fly on the wall. Unless you are an outsider as in all walks off life we don't realy know the politics of what is going on. The most important thing is that Dave is in good health!

Many of my friends disagree with me but Mr Beeks biggest mistake in his life was to trust, no pun intended, Mr Hayes. Many years ago I was in contact with both, be it a few years apart. One a gentleman & the others alledgedly say a Jack the Lad. I must admit that I was taken in at first, until I received an email from Mr H who thought that I was a big wig in my job. I pointed out that I was just a middle manager. I must point out that I didn't work for Wycombe DC.

Anyway, I wish whoever takes over from Dave all the best. Dave will be a hard act to follow, which will not be easy, who knows he or she could be a contributer to this Forum.

• I think there are a few other things that are vying for the accolade of Mr Beeks' biggest mistake.

• It's hard to believe that a successful businessman, like Mr Beeks, would be taken in so easily. And for so long.

• The "restructuring of the Boards " sounds ominous - but at least they'll have to have an EGM, with 21 days notice - and probably a 75.1% vote in favour of that motion as it is a fundamental change to the articles of the Trust. Wouldn't want to get to injunctions and all that sort of stuff again.

As the Chinese say, "宁为太平犬 , May you live in interesting times. ( Or, more accurately, "better to live as a dog in an era of peace than a man in times of war". )