Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    Wasn't Gavin Holligan a decent musician as well?

Yes he’s an established session musician and song writer.

• @eric_plant said:
    Wasn't Gavin Holligan a decent musician as well?

He certainly wasn't a decent player !!

• @eric_plant said:
    And Dion Dublin can be the drummer!

Luke O'nien has drum playing experience to a large audience !!

• He does play the piano (no idea to what standard mind...)

• Jonny Dixon produces music now i think. Or he did at one point.

• @floyd I think he mainly does TV work now. There's an interview with him about it online I think.

• He went from about 6th choice to 1st choice in a mad spell where he scored about 4 in 6.
    But after that never hit the heights again did he?

• @Malone - 5 in 7 during the 2002/2003 season according to Soccerbase. I seem to recall he then went in for an operation, which if memory serves later turned out to have been completely unnecessary, and then never looked the same player. Did well at Aldershot though.

• I just liked the way Sanchez suddenly announced he was 1st choice, having been nowhere.
    Adams however, said he looked like a schoolboy on the pitch, which in the scheme of all his comments was definitely near the "not so mad" end.

• Pierre has scored yet another goal for Northampton, he must nearly be their top scorer this season.

• Scott Brown saved a pen for Port Vale yesterday

• At least he didn't have to move of his line!

• Dan Scarr was on the scoresheet yesterday.

• Anthony Jeffrey giving away a clumsy pen playing for Dover. Belonging in this thread by a technicality ... he and Morgan utterly terrible away to Fleetwood against 10 men for most of the game in the Torquay season.

• Choice red card for Craig Eastmond playing for Sutton, worth seeing the 'Conference' highlights on YouTube

• Never mind technicalities, Anthony Jeffery definitely played for us albeit not many times.

• Or very well.

• Kourtney Hause just scored for Villa at Forest.

• Murtagh scores for Boreham Wood. Scowen for QPR.

• Arnold pulls off worldie save against Wycombe ☹️

• Dan Scarr (who I was disappointed to see leave last season) performed well for Walsall against Barnsley today. Walsall deserved to win but I’m glad they didn’t! They will be formidable opposition on Easter Monday.

• Jason Banton started his first two games for Truro this week. Two defeats and the manager sacked this morning in the aftermath.

Truro are the fourth National league South team he has been involved with this season alone (Torquay, Woking, Dulwich, Truro) and his 17th club overall in his career so far. He is 26 years old.

Despite four England U17 caps, he is currently looking unlikely to break into Southgate's full England team (although not impossible he may one day play for AFC Southgate )

• I’ surprised it is permitted that one player can play for four clubs in the same league in one season at semi pro level.

There is a limit in the Football League

• John Burridge was registered for Lincoln, Enfield, Aberdeen, Newcastle United, Dunfermiline Athletic, Dumbarton, Falkirk and Manchester City in a single calendar year.

Jefferson Louis played for 5 different clubs within 105 days.

• edited March 2019

@OxfordBlue , you mean at that high a level of non league? A bit lower when you hear stuff about players giving "one week's notice", then you'd be more surprised to hear of a limit.

Always surprising when players so young have racked up so many clubs. Just smacks of "Issues" doesn't it.
    Jefferson Louis-esque/

• @Malone correct, I always assumed the conference leagues would have more stringent rules than the lower regional divisions.

• Can you still have dual registration down in the lower leagues?