Skip to content

Fans' Council meeting

Comments

• Only a small point. "Police dealt with a fight in The Hour Glass after the game." no they didnt, I did, unless there was another one.

• Without knowing your age, size, strength, powers of persuasion etc @Fit2drop, or indeed the number and mood of the combatants, that sounds like an act of gallantry on your part.

• I seem to remember having an enjoyable debate with you @marlowchair where you were slagging off the Cherry Red shirt sponsorship deal as very poor value for money and I was saying it was good for the soul regardless of the monetary value!

I also remember you saying that the club had been poorly run off the field for a long time (although you did tend to be generally supportive of Howard) and that we had never really had the opportunity to have been run sustainably.

I can't comment on the catering but the beer, which is the only thing I do partake of, continues to be first class (mostly) in the Vere so its not something that concerns me that much.

That said, there does seem to be an element of drift since Howard stepped aside a bit, but that may be more an element of limbo with regard to the future of the club and the potential sale.

• Remind me not to take issue with any of @Fit2drop's future posts!

(But good on you!!)

• You’re right booker however my issue with cherry red was not their sponsorship , they are a great company and then joining in 2017 on the rear of the organge away shirt was great business.

We debated around this time a year ago because I stayed they were being moved to the front of the home shirt and that deal wasn’t great commercial business by the club.

• Marlowchair. I read all your posts and analysis which I find interesting and insightful, but as a trust board director, I really feel you shouldn’t be telling us half the stuff you do, probably legally also, you shouldn’t. But why not actually form a consortium and take the club over yourself, as you seem very opinionated on every aspect of the club, often quite rightly so, we are being sailed down the creek by MD, ie the catering, although we have shipped out 50%. We have in actual fact had much equipment replaced at ABM’s cost, which we couldn’t have done, then there’s the new Big screen, a 7 year deal but also shipping out 50% of the income, but we don’t have to fork out the £40k for it. So maybe a shrood bit of business. But it does feel like we are having to sell our (wwfc) souls at present. So Marlow. Either form a consortium or stop abusing your privilege as Trust director.

• Trust board director ????

• How else might someone know so many ins and outs ChasH

• The plot is definitely thickening!
    I love the “shrood” bit.

• And I love a mystery. Now then .... Trevor Stroud? David Cook? Alan Cecil? John Derben? Nigel Kingston? David Roberton? David Smith? Lawrie Read? Tony Hector? Bob Massey? Peter Lerner? Could one of these gentlemen really be the Gasroom Pimpernel?

• I’m dyslexic. Hence spelling is not quite my forte

• @Shalom. You forgot to add Richie, part time Trust director along with part time assistant in the club shop.

• @Shalom said:
    And I love a mystery. Now then .... Trevor Stroud? David Cook? Alan Cecil? John Derben? Nigel Kingston? David Roberton? David Smith? Lawrie Read? Tony Hector? Bob Massey? Peter Lerner? Could one of these gentlemen really be the Gasroom Pimpernel?

Which one/s live in Marlow?

• I am going to hazard a guess that @marlowchair is not Trevor Stroud.

• @Shev said:
    I am going to hazard a guess that @marlowchair is not Trevor Stroud.

Fair enough. And Alan uses his own name. I’ve crossed them off the list. Who’s next?

Trevor Stroud? David Cook? Alan Cecil? John Derben? Nigel Kingston? David Roberton? David Smith? Lawrie Read? Tony Hector? Bob Massey? Peter Lerner?

• I’ve my suspicions. But to be fair MC isn’t going to put his hand up and say its me!!
    Must be fun being in a board room meeting knowing that all information is going to be leaked on here

• Alan Cecil could have two accounts! I don't believe that before Mr Parry gets on his high horse.

• @mooneyman said:
    Alan Cecil could have two accounts! I don't believe that before Mr Parry gets on his high horse.

But he doesn't live in Marlow or fit with many of the other clues left by MC.

• I believe his name to be David !! That’s all

• I’m not sure this is a helpful exercise.

• @AlanCecil said:

@mooneyman said:
    Alan Cecil could have two accounts! I don't believe that before Mr Parry gets on his high horse.

But he doesn't live in Marlow or fit with many of the other clues left by MC.

Hopefully you realise I was only joking, but I assume you know who Marlow Chair is?

• @Chris said:
    I’m not sure this is a helpful exercise.

Oh come on. Let’s flush the blighter out!

• On one hand I’m accused by glasshalfull of knowing nothing and telling lies and in he other hand I’m accused by a trust director of being too partial to the truth and communicating it here.

• I was confused by @TrueBlu’s post at first too, but they are saying that they think you are a trust director, not that they are one.

• I believe Messers Lerner and Massie were only 'elected' (by default) onto the board in November 18 at the lat AGM. Marlowchair has been posting insider info which has since proven correct before that date so cross them off the list.

Tony Hector has also previously identified his username on here so the list narrows... I believe David Smith was identified as being part of the Stroud 'power group' so cant see him being the whistleblower. Only a few more to go...

• @Croider said:
    I believe Messers Lerner and Massie were only 'elected' (by default) onto the board in November 18 at the lat AGM. Marlowchair has been posting insider info which has since proven correct before that date so cross them off the list.

Tony Hector has also previously identified his username on here so the list narrows... I believe David Smith was identified as being part of the Stroud 'power group' so cant see him being the whistleblower. Only a few more to go...

Here you go:

Trevor Stroud? David Cook? Alan Cecil? John Derben? Nigel Kingston? David Roberton? David Smith? Lawrie Read? Tony Hector? Bob Massey? Peter Lerner?

• A classic case of trying to shoot the messenger if you don’t like the message.

• Why is everyone, especially Trust board directors, so keen to "out" Marlow Chair on this site, I would far prefer to hear the truth than the spin, wouldn't you?

Marlow's proven track record stands up to scrutiny making it even more difficult to understand why people are trying to intimidate him/her off the message board.

It would be interesting to know if the Trust board directors have contacted the moderators to "out" Marlow Chair and I would be curious to know if they are the same ones who try to intimidate fans who ask uncomfortable questions at public meetings by falsely accusing them of racist language at games and it would be intriguing to know whether they are the same ones who concoct lies regarding other directors' behaviour to oust them from the board.

Anyway, when they come back to us they can answer the question that is still left unanswered i.e. was Mr Harman's bid accurately represented to the board last Monday?

• I think it's out of order trying to 'out' people on a message board, not nice. Anonymity is allowed you know.

• I think given what has been happening that dissenting voices have been incredibly mild-mannered about what they have posted.

All the Trust - not that it is them calling the shots- needed to do was to get a mandate, a genuine one that is, from the members and to go to market to get the best possible bids and present them to members to decide which, if any, was worth pursuing.

Instead the creditors hosted the American private equity investors and engaged their hireling to persuade the members that this was best for them with the old "do we want to be a Portsmouth or a Havant and Waterlooville" routine.

The ahem, alleged misrepresentation of Mr Harman's bid reflects this as does Stroud cancelling meetings with Mr. Harman (does anybody honestly think he would have done this with the Americans?) as does the fact that while the club were happy for us to meet Messrs. Luby and Collis from The States they couldn't manage to set up a meeting for fans to meet Mr. Harman who lives down the road.