Skip to content

Le retour au stade des trois côtés - Oxford (a) - crowd speculation - Match 39 - Sat 30.03.19

"Unfinished Business"

How big will the crowd be at the ground with a void? Will we make Much noise? To which club will the game be more important? Is this a derby game?

Here is a link to the attendance spreadsheet for this game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TqfSuUsZXpxJagmSvoGgAomvRKgdKY8wJmjsxYeCYzo/edit?usp=sharing

There is plenty of time to speculate and debate this one before forecasting, so I am predicting nothing yet. Others are welcome to start.

The only changes that will be allowed would be changing oxford supporters into true blues. If there is a sell out in the home ends (!) then I will close the thread to new predictions.

Happy predicting.

Comments

• Ok - I think this match will catch the imagination and I want to start the ball rolling forward. They are away to Coventry on Saturday. We will be resting.

It isn't far and it could be the pivotal game of the season - more important than Sunderland at home and well possibly more exciting. I hope we are there in numbers to show our support.

I say:

Total crowd 7984 with 1601 of us. Spreadsheet finished and updated and looking forward already ....

• 7500 with 1203 getting their season back on track

• 7750 including 1357 supporting Wycombe.

• 8,111 with 1,401 Wycombe please.

• 7598 with 1403 Wanderers

• 8426 with 1209 Chairboys

• 8000 with 1333, thanks as always!

• 8,297 with 1,334 fans from the only legitimate club in Buckinghamshire!

• 8184 including 1290 Wycombe.

• The first 1,000 tickets have already sold out. We have been given another allocation of 500 tickets.

I think, given the uptake so far, we may well sell the lot in advance. And if we don't, the remaining tickets will be available on the day.

It would be a cracking atmosphere, its just a shame most of it will piss out the side of the stadium into the car park.

• tough one to predict this - lets try 8147 with 1624 hardy souls trekking north.

• @DevC said:
    tough one to predict this - lets try 8147 with 1624 hardy souls trekking north.

Yet again Dev seems to know more than the rest of us. Where are your extra 124 sitting? Behind the goal?
    Cue long winded justification.....

• So far 10 predictions:

Average for Total Crowd: 8088
    Average for Light n' Dark Blue Army 1375

That gives a home crowd of 6713 - quite high for them - although we will be able to tell them that there they are "only there for the Wycombe..." I agree with @OxfordBlue and @DevC that as we have already sold 1000 by Monday mid morning, we are likely to sell 500 more by the same time on Friday. I know that I need to be ringing up for three early tomorrow, which I am pleased to say will be the largest contingent from our household for a game so far this season, home or away.

One question plus one clarification of rules:
    Is anyone able to give clarity for @perfidious_albion and @DevC - will be allocated more tickets if we sell the 500?
    This game will present the unusual circumstances of forecasters being permitted to change their predictions, especially if you feel you estimate of the size of the light and dark blue army is too small as sales figures become clearer - it will be allowed, indeed actively encouraged, so long as the total prediction remains the same and you increase the prediction for the away crowd - ie you can change entitled oxford fans to noisy wycombe fans with just a few keystrokes. Happy days.

Accurate predicting to all; strong spirit and strong voices to those who go.

• As a proud Englishman I for one refuse to let actual facts get in the way of my predictions...

• Its wot i fink, @perfidious_albion .

• I read it as an initial allocation of 1000, a top up of 500 and more on the day as required

• Here's three pages of Oxford fans all trying to desperately reassure each other they don't care about Wycombe at all:

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/oxford-v-wycombe-this-saturday.2068/

Wonder how many more pages their apparent indifference will generate by Saturday?

• They're a funny lot. It's odd how desperate some of them are to say it's 'not a derby, never will be, nothing game' etc etc. Derbies are fun, who doesn't want one? They haven't got Swindon or Reading this season and we haven't got Col U, so why not just enjoy this for what it is? I suppose they find Accy away on a Tuesday night much more thrilling...

• Appears the extra 124 will be sitting on seats after all.....

• "I consider them to be the Tranmere Rovers to our Liverpool."

Oxford fans already starting to out-Oxfordfan themselves. Imagine what they're going to be like by Friday night?

• You learn something new every day.

Apparently Liverpool’s home gate is only 30% larger than Tranmere’s and they’ve occupied broadly the same level of football for the last decade.

• Ox fan in peace - Not sure where the above comment come from but very cringe worthy unless was said as a joke I don't know. Anyway I agree with the above enjoy these games while our friends down the A420 struggle below.

See nearly 1,800 sold? good effort should be entertaining game I hope with us hitting form at the right time.

• Although in fairness traditionally our derby is with Oxford CITY

• @TheComebackKid said:
    Although in fairness traditionally our derby is with Oxford CITY

Given the choice ‘back in the day’ playing CITY rather than the suburban Heddington United must have been a better fixture.

• @DevC said:
    Appears the extra 124 will be sitting on seats after all.....

I stand (or rather sit) corrected Dev?

• It would appear we have a maximum allocation of 1850 which are all expected to sell

• 8500 including 1800 Wycombe

• 8622 including 1846 Wycombe. COYB!

• 7750 including 1750 Chairguys.