Skip to content

Thursday quiz

Since entering the football league in 1993, at which two grounds (excluding Adams Park) have Wycombe Wanderers played most league fixtures?

Comments

• Tough with all the new grounds popping up, but I'll go for Meadow Lane (Notts County) and London Road (Peterborough).

• Notts County is correct with 14 games. There is one more team we have played away 14 times in the league.

We've played at Peterbrough 10 times

• Sixfields, Northampton?

• CORRECT
    well done both. Brentford were next on 13. Interestingly the next highest was Wrexham (12) who are no longer a league club whereas Bournemouth were among a few on 11, and they are now in the Premier League

• that is, Bury was correct. Northampton are one of the teams on 11

• Were they not to have moved ground, feels like we have played Chesterfield regularly. Are they most played against?

• Great shout @DevC - the site I was using appears to only have used current grounds. Chesterfield are indeed top of the pile with 15. Very good spot

Apologies all for a shit quiz and an ultimately incorrect answer given. Awful scenes

• To be fair, it was a good quiz and you gave the right answers. Question you asked was which two GROUNDS most played on - appears you are right with Bury and Notts Co grounds.
    Chesterfield may be TEAM most played against but over two grounds and thats a different question.

• another good point. I feel like that Fast Show character who is always changing his mind. I have renewed confidence. New quiz to follow tomorrow

• You've set a high bar for tomorrow

• You don't get this quality on the facebook group.

• thanks for the support everyone, really appreciate it

• Booo! I don't come here to see Plant and Dev get on like old mates! Boooo!

• I thought it was average, with the management of responses a complete shambles

• thanks @LX1 appreciate the honest feedback

• It was easier on the old Gasroom as you could reply to individual posts.

• @eric_plant where's this quiz?

2 Football League clubs without A, B, C, D or E in their title?

• York City and Ipswich

• Swindon and Luton

• I didn't want to make @ChasHarps feel bad by doing a miles better friday quiz but since it seems to be what the people want then here it is:

Of the sides which we have played at least 10 times since entering the football league in 1993, against whom do we have the highest points per game ratio? (league games only, obviously)

• @Right_in_the_Middle there's an e in Southend big man

• Southend are 16th on the list Righty. We average 1.57 points against them (P14 W6 D4 L4)

• I've got a feeling it might be Notts County

• Notts County are 12th. Ave 1.64 points (P28 W13 D7 L8)

• Have a vague recollection reading before a game I hoped to get to over christmas that we had won last five or six games home and away v hartlepool. So that be my answer, new best buddy!

• Ignoring the pesky 10 game rule, the answer is Manchester City.

• Who is the worst record against with those we've played 10 times in the league? Stockport?