Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• Messi has scored 409 senior goals for Barcelona plus 65 international goals so I suppose he is due a barren spell!

• He's playing in an epic team.

I reckon 20mins into a game with the full backs launching it aimlessly would see him quit in a hump.

• The gasroom at its best...would we re-sign Pierre to why Messi would be wasted in the quarters.

• But what if we had Messi and Ronaldo alongside Bayo?

• Plymouth and Sunderland would still complain we have ruined the beautiful game.

• edited March 2019

Makes me yearn for 'Gasroom Fridays' of old, with the Power Station picture quiz and surreal debates as to why Chairman Mao and Jean-Paul Sartre deserved to be picked ahead of Brownie and Rhino.

• edited March 2019

I have at times wondered, if you could pick say 3 players from the Premier league who would most boost our team who would they be?

A tough one, as do you go heavy on one area of the pitch, distribute them throughout the spine of the team, or replace the 3 players you consider weakest in our lineup?

I'd probably go all into attack, Pogba, Salah and Kane

Leaving one wide attacking berth for Paris/Tyson/Kashket/Samuel to battle for.
    And Bayo to come on if we need a more meaty approach

• A spine for me.... Van Dijk, Dele Alli, Kane

• Interesting choice in Alli. I can see the other two. I'd probably say our centre backs are strong enough as they are, whereas our attack would benefit massively from the 3 I mention.

I dare say we'd spend a huge amount of time attacking with those 3 boys!

• Kicked to hell in first game and out for the rest of the season. Premier league you're having a laugh. Having said that Alli winning 20 pens a season would be nice.

• We'd have the rest of the team to smash anyone who tried any of those shenanighans.

Plus Pogba and Kane aren't exactly shrinking violets

• Reason I didn't go for Pogba is I just think he can be lazy... if he's lazy for Utd imagine how much he would be for us ! Haha

• Isn’t Pogba temperamentally suspect or was that just with the equally/more temperamental Morosio?
    I’ll go with De Gea, Hazard and Kane.

• If we could plunder the millionaires club for three players I would take Tom Heaton, Alfie Mawson and Jordan Ibe.

Obvious really

• Excellent selection @Right_in_the_Middle. Three of our own.

• Perhaps with all the £ in the world a available you'd sign up DeGea, VVD and Kante just before a game vs Plymouth and not attack at all, just wind them up until they score their now customary own goal.

• David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Salah

• Glenn Murray, Felipe Anderson, James Milner

• @micra said:
    Isn’t Pogba temperamentally suspect or was that just with the equally/more temperamental Morosio?
    I’ll go with De Gea, Hazard and Kane.

Damn.... forgot Hazard ! ... insert for Ali for me

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    If we could plunder the millionaires club for three players I would take Tom Heaton, Alfie Mawson and Jordan Ibe.

Obvious really

Maybe not on this season's form and injury record though

• degea, vvd and salah...imagine him dashing about and planting pinpoint crosses to the Beast's feet or onto his bonce? Then three nil up we can bring on Bloomers to time waste just for the fun of it.

• It seems a bit of a waste to use one of the positions on a keeper doesn't it? Or is that just me?
    However, flappy Allsop is being.

• Keeping is key - even more so than catering.

• With pure skillz up front we wouldn't need a keeper.

• Ah but is Pure Skilz still a Premier League Player?

• Sorry misspelt his surname.

• I wouldnt waste a spot on the keeper either, even if we let in 3, with those 3 in team hopefully we'd score 4 .... imagine that every week !?!

• Deal with the keeper as he stands
    Usual back 4

Gape and Thompson scuffling
    Pogba with the magic, not having to do too much what @micra might call "ugly ting"

then Salah, Kane and one of Paris/Tyson/Samuel/Freeman/Kashket.
    With Bayo reserved for 10mins of brutalising defenders late doors.

• edited March 2019

Anyone who's played along with this and not picked a goalkeeper needs to have a long think about things

Think I'd have De Gea, De Bruyne, Sterling

• Don't they say a good goalkeeper is worth about ten points a season or something. Or did I just make that up?