Skip to content

Opposition fans

As someone who is not particularly familiar with chatrooms and the way in which they work , I'm truly astonished , and also a tad dissappointed at how some of our valuable and knowledgeable posters feel the need to respond to opposition fans who come and post ignorant and classless statements.

The opposition fans are doing this for 1 reason and 1 reason only , to get a response from us .

Having returned from abroad today , I'm amazed how some of our excellent posters whose posts i truly respect , feel the need to rise to the bait .

This is exactly the response that is being looked for.
Just ignore them pleeease .
We all know the type of person who would have the spare time and the inclination to post childish ignorant posts, they are not people you or I would wish to associate with .

I'm all for knowledgeable chit chat and banter between teams chatrooms, however dont fall into the trap of responding to classless cheap caveman people like the plymouth chap on the Accrington subject .
We are so much better than that.
They want you to get annoyed and they get all excited and turned on when we feed their classless habit .
Dont rise to the bait ! !

Comments

• I understand the sentiment, my friend, but I feel as though when people act childishly, it shows them up just as much to respond like a grown up, because they are diminished and exposed as an immature keyboard warrior by contrast. I try and respond on here as I would in real life, face to face, so no insults or personal abuse. Everyone behind these handles is a real, breathing, living person, with real problems and issues, aspirations and dreams. Being a fan can be intoxicating, where people say and write things that would not dream of in day to day life, and I think it better to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don’t even find these fans particularly irritating – they are just being immature. I follow Wycombe to be for Wycombe, not against anyone else, or to wish bad things on other clubs.

• come on @Frenchfry sometimes it's funny...and @DevC hasn't been on for a while.

• bore off @Frenchfry

Just kidding old son ;)

• @Wendoverman said:
    come on @Frenchfry sometimes it's funny...and @DevC hasn't been on for a while.

Not under that account anyway...

• I was really hoping this would be some kind of quarantine pen for fans of other clubs, where they could fight each other to the death in a single thread rather than bothering the rest of us.

• I can’t be bothered with them. There, bet that’s upset a few.

• This is a weird thread. Part of me thinks the opposition fan posts are made up by regular posters as so few fans from other teams I meet in person are as moronic.
    The rest just those that feed the trolls deserve what they get.

• Well said, sir.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I've noticed a couple of Plymouth posters on their site who wrote that they just had to go on our forum and gloat at our 'deluded' fanbase.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle I've noticed a couple of Plymouth posters on their site who wrote that they just had to go on our forum and gloat at our 'deluded' fanbase.

Incredible use of the word deluded isn't it? Typically you'd call fans with delusions of grandeur that, but I don't recall too many Wycombe fans getting big time this season.
    Even on that great run, a few points off the play offs noone really dared to even mention it.

Not seeing the "evil" in our tactics of other fans I guess maybe, but deluded is a ludicrous description.

• Plymouth fans calling us deluded is like us accussing Plymouth fans of liking chairs and not having enough crisps.

• Let’s just keep acussing them. Not sure on what charge.

• I would love it if our next shirt sponsor was Rolex. I can only imagine how many Plymouth heads would explode.

• @Shev said:
    I would love it if our next shirt sponsor was Rolex. I can only imagine how many Plymouth heads would explode.

I would love it if it had a picture of Derek Adams moaning about us. With captions too...