Skip to content

WHC Update and Shrewsbury (a)

Oh dear.
Depressing result and bleak outlook. Perhaps not an unexpected outcome of the club not being financially able to replace the four seasoned pros that left in January.
Ho hum.
Anyway in our prediction league no correct scores, a handful of correct results and a fair few no predictions at all.
@OxfordBlue appears to have overcelebrated hitting the table top at the weekend and was too drunk to put in a prediction at all for this game. Nonetheless he stretches his lead.
Nine predictions left. Surely at least one will be a Wycombe win. Not this one though. Shrewsbury 2 Wyc 0.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
1 Oxford Blue 40 -2 0
2 Mooneyman 36 -4 0
3 Forever blue 34 -3 0
4 Micra 26 -3 0
5 ned Ludd 23 -4 0
6 DevC 23 -3 0
7 LX 21 -2 0
8 Twizz 19 -3 0
9 HolmerBlue 18 -3 0
10 Booker Tease 14 5 3
11 cecil 11 -2 -1
12 Ryan Kirkby 10 -2 -1
13 Shev 8 4 4
14 Dr Congo 7 -2 -2
15 NorsQuarters 6 -3 -1
16 Ox66 5 -3 -1
17 Railway Steve 5 -2 -1
18 Uncle T -1 -3 0
19 Wendoverman -3 -3 0
20 Chris -5 4 2
21 Thicket blue -11 -2 -1
22 Onlooker -12 -3 -1
23 Johnny King -13 -3 0
24 York exile -13 4 1
25 Manboobs -19 -2 -1

Comments

• I have made up a fair few spots with negative predictions for a while now, but no more. Shrewsbury 1-2 Wycombe. Come on you Chairboys!

• I think this is the game where our luck changes too. Shrews 1-2 Wycombe

• Shrewsbury 2-3 Wycombe
    Thanks for the update @DevC

• Shrewsbury Town 2 - 1 Wycombe Wanderers

• 2-1 to Wycombe. I believe.

• edited March 2019

2-1 Wycombe as well please. Hangover is clearing up.

• Shrewsbury 1 - Wycombe 2

• 0 -2...108 minutes with Rocky saving three penalties.

• Shrews 2-0 Wycombe

• 2-2 please.

• Sorex araneus 1 Wycombe 2

• Sounds rather unpleasant @mooneyman.
    Haemorrhoids?

• Shrews 2 Wycombe 0

• Shrewsbury 2 - Wycombe 3 please, even though we never seem to play well in the wind.

• 2-0 Shrews over Chairfolk. Much wringing of hands and gloom to ensue.

• Shrewsbury 2 Wycombe 0

• Shrewsbury 2 - Wycombe 2

• @YorkExile I assume you always predict a loss so you can be pleasantly surprised?

• Fingers crossed first and third never merge. Bit LXian I know but most should get it.

• @railwaysteve: have just read your comment about @OxfordBlue keeping his position at the top despite (in common with others) not having made a prediction for Tuesday. Should failure to predict not incur a modest points deduction?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @YorkExile I assume you always predict a loss so you can be pleasantly surprised?

He doesn't to be fair. Indeed he is far from the most "negative" predictor. I am keeping a little tally on this and will reveal at the end of the season overall predicted points totals
    and how that compares to actual WWFC points total. Hence as well as an overall predicting league champion, there will also be the Eric Morecambe prize to he who has best predicted all the right results but not necessarily in the right order......

@micra said:
    @railwaysteve: have just read your comment about @OxfordBlue keeping his position at the top despite (in common with others) not having made a prediction for Tuesday. Should failure to predict not incur a modest points deduction?

Think this is down to me not @railwaysteve. There is this season a -2 point score for no prediction. However as second place @mooneyman and third place @ForeverBlue scored -4 and -3 respectively, the effect was that @OxfordBlue scoring -2 stretched his lead.

Actually as the main purpose of this competition is to raise money for Wycombe Homeless Connection, I am thinking that if we repeat this next season, I might get rid of the 2 pt penalty in order to remove disincentives to joining in from late starters. What do you think?

• @Wendoverman I have actually predicted some positive results, but with inevitable consequences. Hence my position in the prediction league. Happy to keep predicting defeats until our form turns...

• Shrewsbury 0 - Wycombe 1

• Shrewsbury Town 0 Wycombe Wanders 2

• Apologies @DevC ! I’d been wracking my brains (!) for some time over the likely attendance tomorrow and failed to make the mental switch.

• Salop 1-1 Wycombe

• I've posted on the other thread, but really hoping that anyone going tomorrow with a spare seat would be able to pick up a poor student from just outside Oxford?

I can get a bus from central Oxford to Wheatley services on the M40, so it wouldn't be out of the way at all. More than happy to contribute to petrol/parking, etc. Really don't want to miss this one! Can offer interesting conversation too :)

• 2-1 to Shrews, prove me wrong Blues!

• Shrewsbury 2-1 Wycombe

• Shrewsbury 1-4 Wycombe