Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• How many have you lost on the bounce now?4..5 or maybe you are still playing and time wasting or is it fighting?

• We’ve lost one ‘on the bounce.’

• Luton deserve to go up, if that is your argument. You have a great side. I am not sure how you expect to get a rise out of us by proving you are the best team in L1 - the table does that for you (this season).

I think both you and our Plymouth friend are under the impression that your antics make us feel worse about our situation. They really don't - all they do is reflect poorly on your own fan base, who can take such delight in the misfortune of others.

I have heard Wycombe called classless and horrible by Sunderland fans, Plymouth fans, and Luton fans this weeks, after Sunderland fans ripped up seats from Adams Park, and both Luton and Plymouth fans repeatedly stoop to coming on this forum just to exult in others' hard times. If your behavior is class, then I would prefer to be classless.

Finally, I really don't wish anything bad upon Luton or Plymouth - but I also don't care. Go forth and prosper, hug yourselves every time you see Wycombe have lost, go from massaging Nathan Jones' shoulders to calling him the devil. I really don't care. I love Wycombe far more than I could ever hate your club, and I care much more about our ups and downs than your insults. On the back of our bad run, rival fans coming on the forum is the same mild nuisance as a mosquito biting a lion's behind.

• aaah cute, thing is luton sunderland and Plymouth are proper football clubs, not because they are bigger than Wycombe but because they try and play football and entertain people, not resort to systematic cheating, and in the end they only cheat their own fans and will end up where they belong, and their "fans" are just as deserving by putting up with it, you can tell from the silence in the ground they dont really enjoy it, but presumably they think the ends justify the means, but as my mum said cheats never prosper

• @superchairs said:
    aaah cute, thing is luton sunderland and Plymouth are proper football clubs, not because they are bigger than Wycombe but because they try and play football and entertain people, not resort to systematic cheating, and in the end they only cheat their own fans and will end up where they belong, and their "fans" are just as deserving by putting up with it, you can tell from the silence in the ground they dont really enjoy it, but presumably they think the ends justify the means, but as my mum said cheats never prosper

Bore off now eh? You're getting in the way and are very dull

• Quite liked the "time wasting b*stard we know what you are" from the terrace when the Lino went down injured for so long.

• Outside of that a poor game. Burger was warm though.

• It is looking tough now with a stretched squad and low confidence but some good play at times in the first half and if anyone can get a few results with backs against the wall then Gareth can, we believe!

• @superchairs said:
    Well our form is 7-3-2 and none of the top 6 to play, you’re going the wrong way, and after that anti football cheating you put us through, my worst experience at a football match in 50 years I have little sympathy, and it’s not only Plymouth and Sunderland fans who’ll be glad to see the back of you ?

Remind me where one of your two recent defeats happened, oh hang on wasn’t it at Wycombe?

• Total disaster after Blooms went off. No shape at all. It was an enforced change but I'd have preferred to see Owens. Kashkett wide and Samuel in attacking midfield didn't work at all.

Hard to see the first pen but the second looks very theatrical. Annoyingly, the ref also seemed to miss what I saw as a clear handball in the box first half and instead awarded the free kick against Bayo.

The refereeing decisions totally changed the game but we were piss poor second half and cannot really complain about the result. Accy were much tidier than us on the ball and created better openings.

It is critical we get 3 points from at least one the next two games. After that we face two tough games against teams in the playoffs and then two away games. We could be in the brown stuff very quickly.

• Poor display second half but the penalties changed the game. Credit to Accy who played really well second half.
    PS is there a way we can block tiresome cretins from other clubs invading this message board? On the other hand, we could just enjoy them making complete fools of themselves.

• Wonderful stuff from Plymouth. The gift that keeps on giving

• And the red faced angry scouser

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Quite liked the "time wasting b*stard we know what you are" from the terrace when the Lino went down injured for so long.

There was also "Sign him up, sign him up..." and "Are you Allsop in disguise?" both of which I enjoyed.

• Now is definitely the time to hold our nerve. We're two wins and a couple of draws from safety, and the fact there are a lot of teams between us and the relegation zone helps our cause too. Encouraging news that a couple of the injured players will be back on Saturday.

On Saturday morning I was thinking that 4 points over the next week (3 games) would be a good return, and a big step towards safety. We can still achieve that.

• @HCblue said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Quite liked the "time wasting b*stard we know what you are" from the terrace when the Lino went down injured for so long.

There was also "Sign him up, sign him up..." and "Are you Allsop in disguise?" both of which I enjoyed.

Brilliant bants, and arsehole allsop would love the fans acknowledging his cheating, class

• @superchairs - ‘......as my Mum says.....’ This does make me chuckle. How old are you - 12 ? Back to school this morning I suppose......?

• @glasshalffull said:
    Poor display second half but the penalties changed the game. Credit to Accy who played really well second half.
    PS is there a way we can block tiresome cretins from other clubs invading this message board? On the other hand, we could just enjoy them making complete fools of themselves.

Agree, can we just kick them off? It'd be nice to be able to discuss last night's debacle without their pathetic, classless gloating. It's like trying to have an adult conversation with a toddler constantly tugging at your clothes and screaming "I dun a pool poo"

• It seems it was the only lesson concerning good manners that his mother taught him.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Poor display second half but the penalties changed the game. Credit to Accy who played really well second half.

Agree, can we just kick them off? It'd be nice to be able to discuss last night's debacle without their pathetic, classless gloating. It's like trying to have an adult conversation with a toddler constantly tugging at your clothes and screaming "I dun a pool poo"

Green army!

• Looking at our fixtures I think we'll be ok. Most of our remaining games are against sides in the bottom half, including a game at Wimbledon, who could well be already relegated by the time we visit. The second half of this season has mostly been pretty abject, but I'm quietly confident we'll get the 2/3 wins we need to be safe.

There are obviously huge issues that need to be addressed and I'm not downplaying that, but that can be sorted in the summer. Our squad is what it is and there's enough quality in there to see us through.

Hopefully everyone who travels to Shrewsbury will be right behind the boys on Saturday and If Allsop starts, I hope he is given the support and encoragement he clearly needs.

• Christ, why does everyone bother responding to these trolls?

• That second pen was probably the most ridiculously needless pen I've seen at Adams Park since Duff of Cheltenham gave a full pace Jonny Dixon a shoulder barge just when the ball was running out of play anyway.

Madness from Thompson who must have been under the weather yesterday, as he looked well off his usual excellent level.
    Not helped by a very weird midfield arrangement, especially when Bloomy went off, where Freeman was "sort of" in there, and Samuel was "sort of" ahead of him at times in an almost head of diamond formation.

Until the first pen it looked like we could comfortably see it through as a 1-0.
    In the end, we could have taken a 7-1, as they have a string of chances at 3-1.

Goalie looking very mediocre at the moment, could have done better with their third, and massively overhit loads of kicks straight to their keeper.
    That three year deal is looking madness at the moment. That length of deal should be reserved for the likes of Gape, McCarthy, ONien type young players with huge potential methinks.

Dreadfully cold too, the sort of night that makes you disbelieve you're in March, and just a forgettable one.

9 games left, and loads of teams below us. If we were in say 18th, 4 points off the bottom 4 it'd be more worrying. We just need that next win, and we're almost there.

• Excellent post @Malone. Couple of points, I wonder if the 'virus' of last week has had a debilitating effect on more players than we realise (including Allsop and possibly even GA). The 3 year deal may have been the only way of securing the best we could afford at the time. I also suspect that the realities of our finances and the no doubt attendant hidden politics within the club (O'Nein, CMS?), make GA's life very difficult at times.
    You're quite correct in that we need to forget last night, move on and keep supporting whatever team GA is able to put out at the moment. Confidence is all to certain players.

• Plymouth fans STILL going on about failing to equalise at Adam's park despite having 97 minutes ? Well at least none of them will come next season. Until they do. Nice to see hatter Richie is back again with his shining wit.

• Funny how the Plymouth/Luton posts have stopped with school hours starting ?

• Am I the only one who couldn't give the remotest toss about Plymouth, Luton or any of these sort of clubs? Let alone constantly battling their fans, or mentioning them?

@ValleyWanderer , the virus thing will have made a big impact I'm sure. Even at the level of my sport I compete at I'd be very loathe to turnout with a cold, let alone anything more so. But then I dare say numerous times all season, players turnout not fit, or with a niggle. Fans won't even know half the time, let alone make any allowance.

Fans are generally utterly shimmering self interested fickle drones, who don't give any allowances or apply any reason in their comments - especially during, or straight after games.
    Luckily we're mostly legends on here though ;)

• @Wendoverman Is 'shining wit' a Spoonerism?