Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• its called Karma Green Army !

• @mooneyman said:

@Alexo said:
    I love you rmj. You are like a ray of sunshine. Please don't disappear anytime soon. We all love your enthusiasm and love for the club you say you support. You are so clever and articulate. We all wish we were you. Love you dude xx

You are obviously not a regular on this forum. @rmj is a devoted Luton supporter.

So I see....

• edited March 2019

Allsop for the first pen was pure idiocy when we just needed to see it out to HT. Shoved their player needlessly. He's becoming a liability. Goals change games and we then resorted to a second half of hoofing. Accrington by far the better team and although the second pen was a joke they easily deserved to win. This really has been a dire run with the exception of Saturday and still work to do 4 off relegation spots.

• @superchairs said:
    its called Karma Green Army !

I never wish ill on other clubs, even our rivals. It is soul destroying to battle against relegation, and I don't wish it on anyone.

Good luck to Plymouth for the rest of your season.

• Feels like the first genuinely terrible defeat of the season. 13th sounds fine, four points off the relegation zone less so. Saturday is a real six-pointer now.

• Plymouth's result of the season in a game they weren't even involved in. Shows how small-time they are when being one place higher than us in the league is of such importance to them.

• Gape and JJ were big misses but one change GA did have control over was bringing on a limp and feeble looking Kashket for Bloomfield. We then lost all semblance of midfield shape, and any remaining hope.

• Wasn't at the game tonight, but the fact that after 60mins when Blooms went off injured we had 5 forwards and 1 centre midfielder on the pitch is very worrying. We must hope the injuries to Gape and Bloomfield are not serious.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Gape and JJ were big misses but one change GA did have control over was bringing on a limp and feeble looking Kashket for Bloomfield. We then lost all semblance of midfield shape, and any remaining hope.

In GA's defence on this one Blooms couldn't carry on and actually did well to last that long after taking a whack to his foot in the first half

• Actually Johnny baby almost forgot about you then read about Sunderland fans calling you a disgrace of a club with your cheating, then I saw the 11 minutes first half injury time and I thought aaah arsehole allsop and the cheat boys are up to their old games, and then you lost and it’s you not us in the relegation battle, along with brexit being postponed it’s been a bleddy good day??

• Lino injured, guess again sweetcheeks. Also, if you think you're not also in a relegation scrap by virtue of being one whole point ahead of us, then your grasp of maths is even worse than mine. Agree about Brexit though.

• @superchairs said:
    Actually Johnny baby almost forgot about you then read about Sunderland fans calling you a disgrace of a club with your cheating, then I saw the 11 minutes first half injury time and I thought aaah arsehole allsop and the cheat boys are up to their old games, and then you lost and it’s you not us in the relegation battle, along with brexit being postponed it’s been a bleddy good day??

Haha... you sad little Muppet. ?

• @Alexo No one does bitter like Argyle fans.

• Pretty good for the first 30 mins with PCH, Freeman and Samuel all looking good but then it all went really bad and the equaliser deflated what little atmosphere there was.

Thommo didn't look fully fit and as others have said there was basically no midfield. But the hoofing was terrible and we didn't even try to get PCH or Freeman on the ball in the second half.
    I'll need to see the pens again but if you give the ref the opportunity...
    And dire defending all round for the third.

It's a long way from Essex on nights like this

• @bluntphil did mention something about Plymouth fans on the iFollow commentary when the referee’s assistant was injured for so long.

• Well our form is 7-3-2 and none of the top 6 to play, you’re going the wrong way, and after that anti football cheating you put us through, my worst experience at a football match in 50 years I have little sympathy, and it’s not only Plymouth and Sunderland fans who’ll be glad to see the back of you ?

• A few tired-looking players out there. PCH looked knackered second half, Thompson also off pace as the game went on. Unfortunately we don't really have anyone to swap in for them at the moment. GA saying he should have some of the missing players back for Saturday. Let's hope so.

• @superchairs said:
    Well our form is 7-3-2 and none of the top 6 to play, you’re going the wrong way, and after that anti football cheating you put us through, my worst experience at a football match in 50 years I have little sympathy, and it’s not only Plymouth and Sunderland fans who’ll be glad to see the back of you ?

Bore off. We are a silly little club with no fans and no future. We can't complete with should be premier league big clubs like yours. You being one place above us in league one proves that. ?

• @Jonny_King said:
    @Alexo No one does bitter like Argyle fans.

It’s cider not bitter

• Not a bad first half but I have the feeling Accy were told by Coleman to soak up the pressure and then start counter attacking on the break, which started to do very effectively, just before getting the first penalty (couldn’t see what it was for, but not many protests from our players.) Second half they sensed we were there for the taking and started playing very sleek pass and move football and attacked with intent repeatedly. Our response was to resort to hoofball (which we didn’t do on Saturday in the absence of Bayo.) I thought the ref was spot on for the second pen - I thought their was a clip of heels whilst their player was in the air and we have the ref a decision to make. Kee was never going to miss and the third soft goal (Allsop should have saved it) put the game out of reach for us.) Tonight makes the Shrewsbury game an important one - we still need three wins and it’s getting a bit harder to see where they’re coming from.
    Plymouth fans - absolutely desperate. Yet another ‘big club’ scratching around in the third tier, giving it large just because they have jumped above us in the table. How many weeks have you been waiting to post that comment? Sad.

• @superchairs said:
    Well our form is 7-3-2 and none of the top 6 to play, you’re going the wrong way, and after that anti football cheating you put us through, my worst experience at a football match in 50 years I have little sympathy, and it’s not only Plymouth and Sunderland fans who’ll be glad to see the back

I quite agree a bunch of time wasting non footballing poor excuse for a football club mind you we had a good win today

• All these fans more interested in little old Wycombe than their own teams. Quite sweet really.

• We looked to have nothing left in the tank tonight, a very flat performance from a very leggy looking side.

Need to get some players back and some energy levels back up and we'll be fine. But the way we play means that any drop in energy levels leaves us looking very average indeed.

• Not more interested honey just loving the karma, oh and btw we won tonight, only just, but not once resorted to the systematic cheating you’re famous for, and actually I do feel sorry for you having to watch that shite every week , shameful and embarrassing.

• @superchairs said:
    Not more interested honey just loving the karma, oh and btw we won tonight, only just, but not once resorted to the systematic cheating you’re famous for, and actually I do feel sorry for you having to watch that shite every week , shameful and embarrassing.

Not as shameful and embarrassing as your uncontrollable desire to come on our forum to spout your shit ?

• The weird thing is, if Plymouth went on a bad run and went down, I genuinely don't think a single Wycombe fan would be on their forum to rub it in.

• Course you wouldn’t cos we’re not cheating scumbags

• I'm not sure that's the reason, but each to their own.