Skip to content

Allsop

Comments

• Look at the Barnsley - Stanley highlights. The Barnsley keeper pushed the ball out a la Alsop and managed to block the follow up - Had Alsops save not gone quite so far he would have stopped any follow up. That's football

• He needs softer fists.

• Not the best keeper we have ever had, however we have had some good keepers. Allsop certainly doesn’t fill me full of confidence at all.

• You are not alone, Sir.

• I've stuck up for him all season, including Saturday, but after that it's surely time to at least consider a change?

• I thought we had another goalkeeper who is now fit!

• Id drop him for the next few games

• To be honest he looks like he's lost all his confidence. His body language is anything but positive at present. This is all becoming a huge test for GA now in keeping the guys focused and positive.

• He made two or three top class saves tonight but the mistakes are proving too costly. I honestly don’t think Yves is a viable option and that alone is what’s keeping him in the team.

Ainsworth doesn’t get many wrong but a three year deal for Allsop when there are so many available young ‘keepers out there is looking more and more like a big mistake.

• I'd argue those "top class saves" are ones we should expect a 'keeper at this level to be making. The mistakes and awful kicking are costing us.

• His body language at times last night suggests his confidence is shot. Ainsworth is renowned for his psychological approach to the game and can hopefully gee him up, but it'd help if a certain section of fans didn't get on his back as soon as he makes a mistake next game or whenever.

• It’s time Allsop was rested.

• @Uncle_T said:
    @YorkExile

Points gained during six match spell in Nov/Dec without Ryan Allsop = 11 (W3 D2 L1)
    Points gained during six match spell in Jan/Feb with Ryan Allsop = 11 (W3 D2 L1)

The period during which Allsop was out of the side is demonstrably not "comfortably our best run of form".

Thanks @Uncle_T, perhaps a little hyperbole on my part. However, you'll note that the six games without Ryan Allsop are the only six games across the entire season without Ryan Allsop. The six games to which you refer in Jan/Feb when Ryan Allsop did play are the only six consecutive games (it's ok, you can tag the loss on either end of the 5 unbeaten, I understand) across the entire season in which we have comparable form. One could also argue that the results in his absence (with one obvious exception) are on the whole more impressive than those during the run to which you refer. Indeed, two of our very best performances and results of the entire season are within that run of games.

Furthermore, I don't recall any of Ryan Allsop's replacements making any costly errors. I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am. They also had next to no time to work with the defence in front of them.

• @YorkExile said:
    Is it a coincidence that comfortably our best run of form came when he was out of the side?

Yes.

• Purely from a statistical POV (obviously there are all sorts of factors, and 6 isn't a huge sample size): 1.06 PPG with Allsop (33 from 31), 1.83 without (11 from 6).

• Re the Sunderland game, I don't think I've yet seen any blame attached to our centre-back who cleared the ball out of defence straight to the Sunderland player who took the initial long-range shot.

• The fact is...he's our goalie...and unless he gets injured and Yves comes in and makes a series of great saves...or we get another short-term loan...he's the No 1. I would have preferred the established Stewart and Sido duo to Adam coming back myself...

• Do you remember when Ma-Kalambay used to post on here under the alias of 'Peter' or something? Surprised he hasn't paid us a visit yet.

• edited March 2019

@Jonny_King , the geezer drives the most hip car you've ever seen at this level.
    There's no way he's pissing about on the gasroom going "play yves, yves is wicked innit"

As for Allsop, a guy on a prevo post reckons we weren't actually any different results wise with the array of quality loanees. That might be a stats truism.

However, I would defy anyone to argue that all those keepers we brought in weren't better than him, and I dare say a lot of us wondered if the Yves "Injury" was actually a cynical ruse to be able to tap into a better quality of keeper under the rules.

• @Malone when your ancient Skoda is being repaired you might get to drive around in a Mercedes for a couple of days...but finally you cannot afford to keep it and you're back with that strange smell and the banging no mechanic can find.

• Very true. But a guy with a top end flash car with YVES emblazoned on it, doesn't seem to be in that boat.

How he's got so much wad to put in though, is another question.

Surely being 3rd choice keeper at a few clubs for short spells and racking up 27 or so appearances by mid 30s isn't the stuff of riches?

• Just to be clear @Malone, I don't really think Peter is YMK!

Also, you lose one Gasroom point for using the word 'hip' as an adjective.

• @Jonny_King , it was between that and "Groovetastic", but i accept I made the wrong choice.

ps I wonder how Will DH's brother is getting on. Wonder if he's still arguing with goons on the forums of whatever non league outfit he's currently performing at.

• Are people blaming Allsopp and not Sido for the 3rd goal last night?

Blimey

• @Malone said:
    Very true. But a guy with a top end flash car with YVES emblazoned on it, doesn't seem to be in that boat.

Surely being 3rd choice keeper at a few clubs for short spells and racking up 27 or so appearances by mid 30s isn't the stuff of riches?

His proper job is obviously financially rewarding.

http://www.yvespersonaltrainer.com/

• edited March 2019

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:
    Very true. But a guy with a top end flash car with YVES emblazoned on it, doesn't seem to be in that boat.

His proper job is obviously financially rewarding.

http://www.yvespersonaltrainer.com/

This bit is the best bit.

His previous career as a professional footballer with Chelsea FC and the Belgium international team means he has the focus, physical skills, and absolute dedication to help clients achieve their fitness goals.

Appearances?

Chelsea 0
    Belgium U23 - 1

Melanie Sykes recommending him - big kudos

"Sean" recommending him - less so

• Should we be concerned he refers to himself as a former professional footballer?

• I thought the same thing!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.