Skip to content

Sunderland appeal Honeyman ban

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-appeal-against-george-honeymans-15957237

Video evidence will presumably show he never touched anyone during the mass brawl he started.

Comments

• Mackems really not happy. I was hoping they would overtake Lu'on but now I hope they don't even get to the play-offs. Very small of me I know.

• They will apparently be asking that the fact he had been concussed, and thus was, it is suggested, acting out of character, be taken into account.

Good luck with that.

• @Wendoverman Relying on Barnsley now.

• Do they think they're Liverpool with those shocking excuses?

Since when does something being "out of character" get you off a football ban? And chuck in the "concussed" nonsense too!

I hope we're appealing Tyson. The video is impossible to see him doing anything ban worthy, and smacked of the ref evening things up.

• Who was it who got the yellow for running on the pitch? It looked like the same player to me Guess it was concussion that made him wait so long before doing so

• I think the sub who entered the field of play was booked before honeyman came off.

• Think it was unused sun Baldwin who got booked earlier.

• To be honest I was surprised bayo did not get booked in the melee just for being a 'big bloke.'

• Agree regarding Tyson. Difficult to see anything much, other than him acting as a peacemaker/trying to stop two blokes lamping each other?

• Interesting to see Sunderland are second bottom of the L1 disciplinary league and have the most red cards (7). But yeah, we must have provoked them...

• I think you'll find that is because of other teams sh*thousery and refs favouring the smaller teams .

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Agree regarding Tyson. Difficult to see anything much, other than him acting as a peacemaker/trying to stop two blokes lamping each other?

Hmmn. Not sure I see that. I do see Tyson doing his level best (and succeeding) to get past another Sunderland player so as to get at Honeyman, however.

• So they lost the appeal but he will still be allowed to play in the Checkatrade Final.

• anyone know if Tyson caught up with him in the tunnel?

• Both clubs now charged with failing to control their players and staff. Anyone know what level of fine we might expect?

• Unfortunately the fines will not be assessed on the ability to pay.

• @HCblue said:
    They will apparently be asking that the fact he had been concussed, and thus was, it is suggested, acting out of character, be taken into account.

Good luck with that.

I seem to remember that the Liverpool "goalkeeper" in the 2018 Champions League Final had tests for concussion that allegedly proved positive 7 days after he gifted Real Madrid 2 goals.

I'd certainly support Honeyman having his head tested.

• I would have thought about 5k

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:
    I'd certainly support Honeyman having his head tested.

So would I if he thought he had any chance with Yves & the Beast charging their way towards him!

• Incredible that they appealed when the photo accompanying this article exists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47545085

• That is hilarious. A proper throttle job!

I fear we realised that it'd be impossible to prove Tyson didn't do anything ban worthy from the footage. Rather than there having to be proof he did something!

Imagine if the justice system worked that way!

• Then it wouldn't be fit for purpose as a justice system, but it seems reasonable enough here where the stakes are so much lower.

• On another note, did anyone notice all the light blue bits in the away end yesterday.

Someone said that was all the seats that had been ripped out!