Skip to content

New player in/out?

Wonder who it is?

Comments

• Ben Frempah.

• Ben Frempah on non-contract terms, central defender.
    Interesting timing given that El Abd returns from his ban on Tuesday. Injury elsewhere?

• Interesting career path so far. Born in Italy, jumped from Cray Wanderers to Leicester. Only real pro spell was at Ross County, where he barely played, before going back into non-league - but always every chance he's another Ainsworth gem!

• With argueably two aging centre backs this makes sense...

• Samuel didn't look like a great signing on paper and he's turned out ok. Hopefully another Ainsworth gem.

• Has richie okay'd this?

• Is this Ruth?

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Ben Frempah on non-contract terms, central defender.
    Interesting timing given that El Abd returns from his ban on Tuesday. Injury elsewhere?

Even with El-Abd back that only leaves us with three CBs, not counting Darius Charles. This feels like insurance more than anything.

• @MindlessDrugHoover great example! Samuel looked like an utter waste of time on paper! Crap scoring record, recent experience only of league 2, and we had a flood of attackers making him look unlikely to even get near the bench.

How on earth he's become "The" main starter is incredible.

• McCarthy got a lot of stick early on as well...not to.mention a short period of JJ not being up to it. See also Thompson.

• This does suggest we may not see Darius Charles again. What a colossal waste of salary he's turned out to be. It does the beg the question about how thorough our medicals are before signing players. It's not as if Charles had an impeccable injury record up to signing for us either. Given the number of training ground injuries we pick up and doubts over the thoroughness of players' medicals I hope the physio situation gets reviewed if and when new owners come in and receives additional investment if it's deemed necessary.

• From everything one hears, our physios are top notch. Can’t blame them for training ground injuries and in any case they seem to have diminished considerably this season.

• That post from Aloysius is out of order. As Micra has said, our fitness and medical staff are first class despite working on a very limited budget. Injuries happen, they can’t be predicted.

• @aloysius said:
    What a colossal waste of salary he's turned out to be.

Do you know the terms of his contract then? Whose to say he isn’t on a pay as you play deal, or incrementing for each block of ten appearances, for example?

I would imagine given the extremely tight resources Gareth has to work with that the medicals are very thorough. But equally, to be able to afford the quality needed to improve the squad he will have to take risks on players - including those who may have a worse than average injury record.

I’d wager that an experienced league one defender in the prime of his career and with an unblemished injury record will be able to command a bigger salary than Gareth can offer - hence why we often have the cast offs that others deem are surplus to requirements.

• Thank goodness that some people can see the reality of our situation.

• @aloysius said:
    This does suggest we may not see Darius Charles again. What a colossal waste of salary he's turned out to be. It does the beg the question about how thorough our medicals are before signing players. It's not as if Charles had an impeccable injury record up to signing for us either. Given the number of training ground injuries we pick up and doubts over the thoroughness of players' medicals I hope the physio situation gets reviewed if and when new owners come in and receives additional investment if it's deemed necessary.

So in the last 2r hours we have had the GM, Mr Davis, deemed not up to it, Ryan Alsop condemned as at very best average, the new caterers need getting rid of, plus others no doubt, that have escaped me and now it's the turn of the physio team. Despite Alsop producing many excellent saves this season, (not saying he hasn't made a few mistakes). The physios we have, believe me, are like the management team, beyond exceptional and we should be very grateful that we have them. How they are still with us amazes me. I can only imagine that it's GA working his apparently limitless charm again?

• Hopefully, just the very bad weather, the upcoming club bids, Brexit and the slightly worrying points return at present are producing an overall bad mood! I'm going tonight to support and I BELIEVE!

• I believe you believe, believe me @ValleyWanderer ! Kindred spirits.

• I beleive that you do @micra! Thank you.

• Charles has been a massive let down of a signing so far, but you can't really blame a guy for being injured.

It's something fans seem to do a lot, and I've never quite understood it. It's only really fair if they're doing something unprofessional that's causing it.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@aloysius said:
    This does suggest we may not see Darius Charles again. What a colossal waste of salary he's turned out to be. It does the beg the question about how thorough our medicals are before signing players. It's not as if Charles had an impeccable injury record up to signing for us either. Given the number of training ground injuries we pick up and doubts over the thoroughness of players' medicals I hope the physio situation gets reviewed if and when new owners come in and receives additional investment if it's deemed necessary.

So in the last 2r hours we have had the GM, Mr Davis, deemed not up to it, Ryan Alsop condemned as at very best average, the new caterers need getting rid of, plus others no doubt, that have escaped me and now it's the turn of the physio team. Despite Alsop producing many excellent saves this season, (not saying he hasn't made a few mistakes). The physios we have, believe me, are like the management team, beyond exceptional and we should be very grateful that we have them. How they are still with us amazes me. I can only imagine that it's GA working his apparently limitless charm again?

I've never quite stood the obsession with catering to be honest.
    Can people not last 90mins at a game without feeding their greedy little faces? ;)

• You can't blame a player for being injured, but to channel @A_Worboys for a moment, could we be doing more to get value from them?

Darius Charles has been injured for - and this is just a guesstimate - 85% of the season? That's a lot of time to be earning $$$s while not contributing. Should we expect long-term injured players to do more on the marketing side of things? Could we not send Darius Charles into a different Wycombe district school each day to give a talk about being a pro footballer and hand out some free tickets, maybe with the promise of a guided tour on matchday?

Apologies to the club if this is already done - I know there used to be players touring schools in the semi-pro and early pro days but not read about it for a very long time. Seems like a sensible idea for marketing the club and keeping players not able to train active and contributing positively.

• @Malone said:

Can people not last 90mins at a game without feeding their greedy little faces? ;)

More members for the FFIT course coming up I feel.

• @Malone said:

I suppose its fair enough to look at it in that way, when the food is of a questionable quality.

But what about grounds like Forest Green, where the food has a good reputation and something to look forward to in addition to the football?

It's an extra revenue stream that we aren't capitalising on.

• To be fair people eat their dinner (lovingly prepared by gum-chewing, spotty, greasy teens) at the pictures as well. Something I have always found strange.

• I think I've had about 4 or 5 drinks at Wycombe games in about 25 years, and perhaps food 2-3 times at most.

I can understand it more as an away fan, where you've had a decent haul to get there.

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@aloysius said:

Last night, I left work, visited my mum, went coaching and straight to AP. I was a tad peckish, 1 hot dog returned as the bread was inedible, possibly a remnant of Saturday, 2 meat pies returned as they were cold. I gave up and had a bar of chocolate at £1 didn't count as 1 of my 5 a day.
    Just woeful, as for the game, the bar of chocolate was the highlight.

• So, fans council minutes state that the expensive fridge that fans contributed towards hasn’t been fitted. The reason? Electrics in the catering pod behind the home end failed safety check. The fridge won’t fit anywhere else. Gross incompetence on every level from ‘management’ - think you know who I mean.
    Cue a Trust director to defend the indefensible?
    Oh and milk was ‘off’ in Beachdean tea. One of the real ales cloudy in the Vere.
    Comedy on and off the pitch last night.

• Not wishing to be pedantic @perfidious_albion but a real ale being cloudy is not necessarily an indication of the quality of the beer. What it tastes like is however.

No-one really NEEDS to eat (or drink) at a football match, but for some people (in the same way as 3 scoop ice-cream is essential at a cinema) it does enhance the whole match day 'experience'. (And two or three seasons ago not being entirely sober was pretty much mandatory to survive the fairly dire football fare on offer).

The catering side of things should probably be the easiest of the things that can be done to enhance the 'experience' as other things are often in the lap of the football/weather/traffic gods.