Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Given our relative, to date, success this season, would you consider having Aaron Pierre back in the side or do you think he isn't good enough at his level?
No motive behind the question, just curious.

Comments

• We've conceded a tonne load, and at times look pretty vulnerable in the air, but things have moved on now, so he's not the massive loss I feared at the time.

• Not sure he'd fit in with Adam somehow.

• Back in like a shot, seeing as he's captaining a team with a bigger budget on a long contract there is zero chance anytime soon.

• 100%. The perfect partner for El Abd.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Back in like a shot, seeing as he's captaining a team with a bigger budget on a long contract there is zero chance anytime soon.

Wasn't anything other than a "would you have" suggestion. I think most realists on here know there is a zero chance.

• Would have Pierre back in the side any day of any week

• I'd carry him back from Northampton myself, but fear the only chance of seeing AP back at AP is if another L1 club buy him.

• @Jonny_King said:
    I'd carry him back from Northampton myself, but fear the only chance of seeing AP back at AP is if another L1 club buy him.

You must be a mighty strong beast!!

• @EwanHoosaami Allow me to rephrase.

I'd cry and roll around on the floor until he agreed to come back (and carry me).

• I would join you then! :-)

• I'm sure we could get a charity crowdfunder going for you both to do this...

• I would consider it the same way we considered Stewart coming back. But as others have mentioned I think its more a bout money than availability.

• Jonny and Ewan I suggest you find out where he shops or which cash point he uses then jump out and shout at him to come back. What could go wrong?

• As he is very much a left-sided centre back I doubt whether he’d be the perfect partner for Adam El Abd. I personally think Anthony Stewart is the perfect partner for Sido Jombati. But what would I know. I have a feeling, sadly, that Anthony will be back on the bench on Tuesday.

Nick Freeman looked well when he arrived yesterday but viruses can leave you drained. I hope he is back on Tuesday as Nathan Tyson is both carrying a knock/strain and suspended (? for one or three games)Same with Curtis Thompson but it seems he was nearly fully recovered.

• Assuming Tyson’s red was for violent conduct then he’ll be missing for three games, the same as El Abd’s recent suspension.

Sido and Stewart all day for me from our current players but like most others I’d love to have Pierre back.

• Sido has said several times recently that he’d like to play further forward. I’ve even heard him refer to “number 10”. If Adam El Abd starts on Tuesday and the virus is still active the opportunity just might arise!

• Having to start Sido up front in the same season where at one point we had CMS as 8th choice striker, would really be something.

• Who said anything about “up front” ?
    I think “further forward” was the expression. That of course can include wing back and I think that would suit Sido more than it suited CMS. The 10 slot is more of a fantasy. But, come on @LeedsBlue. Don’t knock it till we’ve tried it!!

• Think he's better at centre back, it seems to focus him, rather than playing right back, ending up on the left wing after a run and being too tired or unaware to chase back when he loses the ball

• Sido could play anywhere. Bet he’d be fine in goal.

• @micra said:
    Sido could play anywhere. Bet he’d be fine in goal.

God I love that idea! I bet he has a mean scorpion kick in his trick bag.

• Yeah, let’s give it a whirl. Mustn’t take things too seriously.

Better wait until we’re safe though (ie 60 points).

• @micra Unless I’ve misunderstood the “No. 10 role”, the answer to your question is Sido himself said it, as you yourself pointed out.

Who’s knocking it? To steal your argument - once we’re mathematically safe, bring it on!

• Isn’t Özil regarded as the archetypal No 10? Creating and bringing others into the game without actually directing operations in midfield?

I’ll be back on here tomorrow. Night all.

• Surely the archetypal No.10 is Messi?

• So sido how does it feel to be mentioned in the same breath as ozil and Messi?

• Sorry, didn’t realise “archetypal” was a superlative. Thought it just meant very typical and I’d heard a commentator on the wireless describing Özil in those terms on Sunday. Agree, Messi is arguably best.

• Sido still has to make his case. Time is not on his side. But I think @Manboobs was referring to the idea of Sido playing in goal.

• @Wendoverman said:
    So sido how does it feel to be mentioned in the same breath as ozil and Messi?

Makes him feel like a potential number ten. You there Sido? Hello..........

• Noel Ashford was our archetypal No.10.