Skip to content

Match day thread: Sunderland

BSEBSE
edited March 2019 in Football

Comments

• Broken down train between Peterboro and Stevenage may not be good for Black Cat fans travelling down.
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx

Delay to KO ?

• Hope so!!!!

• @Doob said:
    Broken down train between Peterboro and Stevenage may not be good for Black Cat fans travelling down.
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx

Delay to KO ?

I’m not sure we have the crisp stockpiles to sustain more than a few minutes delay.

• @Doob We have a slightly delayed KO most weeks at Adams Park!

• Surely the "proper" Sunderland fans have already been down here for hours already and are half way to oblivion already.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

I’m not sure we have the crisp stockpiles to sustain more than a few minutes delay.

Don’t worry. They have been giving crisps out free on the train so Sunderland fans won’t want any

• Late in the day I know, but I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it?

• Team news is in at Adams Park; three changes as Marcus Bean, Luke Bolton and Nathan Tyson come into the starting XI and a 500th Wanderers appearance for Matt Bloomfield.

Chairboys: Allsop, McCarthy, Jacobson, Jombati, Stewart, Gape, Bean, Bloomfield, Bolton, Tyson, Samuel.

Subs: Ma-Kalambay, Kashket, Cowan-Hall, Owens, Harriman, Thompson, Akinfenwa.

• Bean for Thompson ..... hmmm

• Freeman must be ill, alas.

• Maybe Thompson is getting over his flu?

• I’m in Texas and iFollow let me pay $7 to watch the match but won’t actually let me watch the match.

• Oh no Bolton!

• @shev are you watching?

• What did he do/not do @Shev?

• @drcongo yes, but I am on the annual plan.

@bookertease - he missed an absolute sitter, with the goal at his mercy. Unfortunately he has now gone off injured too.

• Thankfully Bill and Phil paint a full HD picture with their words. Still want my $7 back though.

• Alex Samuel, you beauty.

• We dominated that half. I greedily wish we had even more to show for it.

• Beyond gutted. And I no longer like Sunderland.

• mcgeady is class A prick ...who saw him go over to bean and look at his shirt number ? thought bean was magnificent.

there were also Sunderland fans in Frank Adams who were causing arguments...how were they allowed in ?

great by the boys, Tyson was very quiet and alsopp needs to command his area .

• Quite enjoyed that, you're going to get mass brawls unfortunately when the refs are this bad.

• What a shame. They created nothing. Can we play like that every week please. Chasing, closing down. Bloomfield and even bean playing good football (in between beanos bizarre WWF auditions). Pity bolton missed the sitter but kudos to Paris for a sublime pass when it looked like he might shoot . As usual subs a bit late for me but you cannot blame Gareth if there is illness in the camp. My 1-0 prediction was looking sound for a long while there. Anyone see what kicked off the kicking off?

• Seriously though if we had played with that purpose and intensity in some of our games against 'lesser sides we would be sitting pretty now.

• From the looks of it, Dobbo kicked the ball away and Honeyman either shoved him or worse - I overheard a few saying a punch was thrown, although I somehow doubt that, hopefully the highlights clear it up.

• @Wendoverman said:
    What a shame. They created nothing. Can we play like that every week please. Chasing, closing down. Bloomfield and even bean playing good football (in between beanos bizarre WWF auditions). Pity bolton missed the sitter but kudos to Paris for a sublime pass when it looked like he might shoot . As usual subs a bit late for me but you cannot blame Gareth if there is illness in the camp. My 1-0 prediction was looking sound for a long while there. Anyone see what kicked off the kicking off?

The touchline bit seemed to be one of their lot jumping in to Dobbo as he went to give the ball back, plenty of other stuff also going on though. You'd think they would be more used to being a goal down as they've lost so many in the last 5 or so years.

• Looked like Tyson was off to discuss the matter further in the tunnel After he was sent off.?

• Serious lack of discipline from the Sunderland be changed whatever the circumstance. Two backroom staff booked and a player sent off. I hope the EFL look at that because we've lost Tyson for 3 games as a direct result of their behaviour.