Skip to content

Dr Fox - Wycombe fan?

Was trying to settle an argument and turned to Wikipedia, as you do, only to read that radio DJ 'Dr' Neil Fox is, apparently, an 'avid' Wycombe fan.

I've never heard of this one before, which seems odd as Wycombe celebrity fans are in rather short supply so tend to be rather bigged up when they crop up. Can anyone shed light on this? One for @glasshalffull maybe?

Come to think of it, has that Phil Vickery bloke ever actually been spotted at a game?

Comments

• It also says: "As a child he enjoyed making the trip to Adams Park to watch Wycombe Wanderers."
    Having been born in 1961, and Adams Park opening in 1990, this doesn't seem likely.

• Jesus, if you can't trust Wikipedia who can you trust?

• There's no evidence that he's a Wycombe fan, but it is scientific fact.

• For a minute, I thought you were referring to The Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox. Close shave.

I don’t recall ‘Dr’ Fox showing his Wycombe bias when hosting our Evening Standard Five-a-side triumph at Wembley Arena in his pastel blue suit.

• Beat me to it @drcongo . One of the best lines out of one of the best TV series ever.

• Poundshop Pat Sharp.

• @arnos_grove the disgraced former defence secretary is now in charge of our trade negotiations (not sure if he takes his friend along) but seems to be achieving much the same as Dr Foxy would have.

• Liam Fox was a GP in Beaconsfield before he entered politics.