Skip to content

4th defeat in a row?

Looking over my shoulder a bit as we are in danger of getting dragged into the relegation battle. Not a lot in it now.

Comments

• Haven't we been in a relegation battle since day one of this season? We've done so well to have any kind of buffer but the last third was always going to be tough.
    Some may panic but I don't think our management or players will.

• If you ignore that we're actually still in the top half, then yes, it's getting closer than you'd like.

But it wouldn't be our style to have nothing to play for in March

• Ironically we have exactly the same record as from Gillingham Away to Coventry City at Home

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Haven't we been in a relegation battle since day one of this season? We've done so well to have any kind of buffer but the last third was always going to be tough.
    Some may panic but I don't think our management or players will.

There is no panic here and glad to be looking down rather than up but we have a tough run in and need to keep the buffer and faith

• I think we will get home wins against Accy, Walsall and Fleetwood and a win at Rochdale with draws at Wimbledon, Southend and Shrewsbury giving us 58 points. Therefore reasonably comfortable survival.

• Pretty clear from the transfer window that our ambitions are closer to 18th than 8th. Which is fine, there’s absolutely no need to panic.

• I think the objective (never mind ambition) has been League 1 survival in this final year of the five year plan.

To paraphrase the words of Gloria Gaynor, we will survive.