Skip to content

Corinthian Casuals

Just watched the brilliant Brothers in Football on
btsport about Corinthian Casuals and Corinthians Paulista, check it out its fantastic if you love the beautiful game.

Comments

• Do they wear Farah or Tacchini?

• Steve Peart & I went to watch Corinthian Casuals recently at their home game with Harlow Town to see how they are coming on as a club. They played at their own stadium now in Tolworth, Surrey which they share with Kingstonian, after they themselves were forced to leave Kingsmeadow.

C-Casuals are one of the great old names of amateur football & it would be great to play them in a pre-season friendly. I’d also like to see us give a nod to our old Isthmian days and have a change kit of chocolate and pink quarters or halves, just like C-Casuals.

I once remember seeing Wycombe play C-Casuals in a league game played on the outfield of the Oval (3-0 to Wycombe If my memory serves me well). I think Martin Tyler, the football commentator, was playing for them that day. I also saw them play Bristol City in the FA Cup at Dulwich Hamlet’s original Champion Hill ground (2-0 to Bristol City I think).

• I'm trying to remember if I ever saw Casuals score against us? I guess they must have but I don't ever remember it in the 70's. It was always a minimum of 3-0 in the days before relegation. And I think we played them at Champion Hill though I may be getting confused.

• Mainly at Sandy Lane, Tooting and Mitcham in the early 70s, with one game at The Oval. Champion Hill prior to that I think.

• Yep I definitely saw us play Corinthian Casuals at Champion Hill in the early 70's,
    It was always quite strange to play against a team with literally no supporters.

• I counted two at Loakes Park once. One even had a - presumably home made - scarf.

• Barking and Croydon never seemed to bring any fans to Loakes Park, and not many more at home.

• C-Casuals now have a hard-core support of around 2-300. Nice to see their “megastore” is full of souvenirs too. It’s so much easier to build a supporter base when you own your own ground.