Skip to content

Chairboys away to 2nd Place: Barnsley away - Sat 16th Feb - Crowd Forecast

2»

Comments

• BBC say 11821 which makes @DJWYC14 the closest with 11765. Congratulations on accurate predicting.

I know it was a close run thing but at 14.08 @thedieharder's is less than an hour before kick
    The only honourable mention is for @Wendoverman who was 79 out with 11900 - mayhap he numbers for the noisy and sometimes incensed away crowd will reveal further close predictions.

• @railwaysteve said:
    I am shortly to set off from Penistone - so final update - last predictions to count in about an hour.

23 predictions saying:

Average for Total Crowd: 12155
    Average for Light Dark Blue Army 415

Chairboys!

Very nice little town Penistone - my ex missus's family was from Barnsley over in the Darkside (ie Yorkshire!) and we lived for a bit in the village of Thurlstone just outside Penistone. Small world.

• Pretty sure the away crowd was announced as 411.

• 411 puts @BlueBoy spot on - and is a very creditable number by us.

• It was indeed 411. A small personal highlight from an otherwise tough afternoon at Oakwell.

• Well done @BlueBoy. @mooneyman and I had grossly exaggerated expectations of the pulling power of a visit from the Old Bucks Boys.

• That's the last time I follow your advice @micra!

• I did wonder at the time @mooneyman but refrained from comment. My confidence took a nasty blow when I missed out on a hat-trick of extremely close consecutive calls as a result of my revised prediction for Luton being disallowed.

I really thought that the forecast of a springlike day and their arrival in the automatics would put 5-10% on their average gate. I thought I might well have been 300-400 too high but that I’d nevertheless be one of the closest.
    Lesson learned.

Don’t hesitate to be guided by my score predictions. They’re usually quite good!

• Whoops! Had forgotten that you’re above me (and were in top spot until the emergence of Oxford and Forever as the ones to beat).