Skip to content

Comments

• Hopefully the end for Oyston and Blackpool can rise or fall on their own merits. The statement from the "EFL" earlier basically amounted to "we've heard about it, we can look at it in a few weeks" demonstates how piss weak they have been on this subject.
    Suspended as an owner for a rape conviction, the family carries on, insults and sues fans whilst asset stripping the club they don't even own outright, taking it from Prem to Div 4. Avoiding court judgements, missing deadlines and payments, ordered by the court first to pay back a huge amount and again more than a year later into receivership to be sold to recover the debt to the previous co-owner.
    Yeah, you've got a meeting in a couple weeks, maybe have a chat about it then. Once you've covered all the major stuff.

• Great post Strongest.

• 12 points off them helps us also, as they will only be 2 points off the bottom 4.

• Yeah, that's the spirit Richie.

• I thought I had the Richie on ignore but it turns out he just hasn't had much to post in recent times. Back in with bang...

• Yes it is, we stay up at all costs ...... we have done the right thing and paid our bills etc even if we had to loan the money.

Staying in League 1 is massive for us and anything that helps is fine with me.

@Last_Quarter said:
    Yeah, that's the spirit Richie.

• The evidence suggests we're plenty good enough to stay in League One without having to wish other clubs out of business, but each to their own.

• Exactly. If we can only stay up courtesy of another club suffering a points deduction, then we don't deserve to stay up. Fortunately, this Wycombe side is doing well enough to make that need highly unlikely and regardless, I think most true football fans wish Blackpool FC and their supporters well.

• Exactly. The only club any of us should wish to see going to the wall is Franchise, an illegitimate club.

• edited February 2019

@Last_Quarter said:
    The evidence suggests we're plenty good enough to stay in League One without having to wish other clubs out of business, but each to their own.

In this case I don't think anyone is wishing Blackpool out of business. I think many, like myself, are hoping that this will be the start of the resurgency of Blackpool FC and an end to the current sorry state of affairs in which many, many Blackpool supporters refuse to attend matches or purchase merchandise because of the actions of the current owners. The receivership is expected to force them to sell up.

Take a look at any of the Blackpool fans forums on the web to see just how happy they are with this development. Many see this as the start of getting their crowds back and setting the good times rolling again. I spent some time chatting to some Blackpool supporters in a pub before our match there in January. They were deeply despondent about the situation the club was in and the fact that every match was getting played in an almost empty stadium, unless the away team brought a few fans along, with their ire focussed firmly on the Oyston family. I imagine they will be smiling now at the possibility of this legal action forcing the Oystons out.

• I know a couple of lifelong Blackpool fans down here...they and their families refuse to attend. Very sad. They will be mightily pleased. The shame is the football authorities, from the Premier League down managed to let the owners get away with stealing the money without questioning their fitness to be an owner. Seems they were being sued by a former co=owner who had already been declared unfit in another country! What a mess. Fingers crossed for a successful conclusion.

• Sounds a colossal mess at Blackpool. But you can't help but think a 12 pointer heaps further pain on the fans, rather than the owners.

The league need to get on and make a decision though, not put it off for weeks, as it's a pretty game changing points amount.

• I think most Blackpool supporters would happily accept relegation in exchange for getting shot of the Oystons for good.

• @mooneyman That seems to be the general sentiment on the Blackpool FC forums and message boards.

• It would be a real shame if it saved Oxford.

• With all due respect @Uncle_T that's not the point that Richie was making, and the point I was responding too. I completely respect that Blackpool fans may be very happy to take a 12 point hit to get rid of the Oyston's, and very good luck to them achieving that.

Richie's point was that this could somehow benefit us. I'd be embarrassed if we finished 21st and survived because Blackpool received a points deduction (no matter how happy their fans were with that outcome).

• I think Blackpool would stay up even with the deduction - they are a tidy outfit. Good luck to them!

• @railwaysteve said:
    It would be a real shame if it saved Oxford.

The thought of those Tangerines who have given us Stanley Mathews,Peter Suddaby and the Nolans. Going down instead of those Headington namechangers whose icons are Maxwell,Mallett, and Glitter is a horrific thought.

• If only Timmy Mallet (legend from childhood days) could be switched with the Nolans in the above.
    Then i'd agreed whole heartedly.

• I called in to Wackaday as a kid. Ah memories...

• @Malone
    The word legend officially has no meaning, if your placing next it alongside Timothy Mallet.

• edited February 2019

It's Wackaday, dodododododood, it's wackaday.
    Incredible scenes.

How you can term the dreadful Nolans as any type of positive to an area I'll never know.

• At least the Nolans were easy on the eye !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    At least the Nolans were easy on the eye !!

According to Lemmy, the only band to ever out-drink Motorhead

• When I was at college in Manchester Mr Mallet was still an irritating local radio dj 'Tommy on t'tranny' hated by all students. I seem to recall him being booed out of the queue to see 'Back to the Future' by some appallingly drunken students. (cough) the fact he also spawned the career of Chris Evans should also be taken into account!

• Did he trans(istor) from Tommy to Timmy ?

• Mallet is an Oxford fan. I had a chat with him in a bar circa 2005 and was actually a decent chap

• Blackpool in receivership thread is now a how nice is Timmy Mallet thread. The joys of the gasroom.
    For the record Timmy has been great when I have met him and I hope Blackpool fans do get an ownership they deserve. One thing not mentioned from the story is how did they ever end up owning a Travelodge?

• They own it as a franchise.