Skip to content

Luke Bolton on loan from Manchester City

Comments

• A goal and three assists on Saturday needed at least! :wink:

• What are the chances of Luke winning the much coveted 'Most improved Player' award in May.

Imagine being written off after 3 weeks on your next new job.

• Appalling really.

• Fred was more suited to our style of football than Luke Bolton is.

• edited February 2019

Fred had plenty of anonymous games in both spells he had with us though. If anything I'd say Luke is a better fit than Fred over boths early games. Fred learned to play and I am backing Luke to come good.

• Fred has been brilliant for us for five years.
    Alright, there was a bit of a gap between his two spells. No comparison currently but comparisons at this stage are odious.

• traditionally richie always prefers players not playing for us...

• The City forum is often the same with players written off after a couple of games: David Silva being just one example!
    I hope Luke comes good for you; it's good for you and good for us if some of our younger players can help you achieve your aims while developing the mental and physical toughness that academy level football simply doesn't provide. Of course, City U21 are now competing in the Checkatrade Trophy in an attempt to expose seriously talented technical players to the other side of the game. Several will not cope because no matter their skill, the head cannot adapt to the change in competition, style and physicality. Others do because they are flexible enough to change their game or impose their own talents on the opposition. It's not an exact science, but it's bloody good to watch!

• Good to see the fan of another club come on here and make some eminently sensible points, makes a pleasant change from the usual mindless abuse we endure from the supporters of certain clubs.

• I'm sure Luke will come good given time.

It seems to me to be a huge issue that we've got so many kids still playing age group football in their early 20s who are completely unprepared for a career in the football league.

• Thanks @oldius, you certainly talk sense and I have a strong feeling that Luke will be a different player for us in a few games time.

• I seem to recall someone on here questioning the purchase of Mr McCarthy on the grounds that (in the posters opinion) during his previous loan he was a terrible during our worst ever season (I paraphrase). Recently his performances have proved Gareth was right yet again.

• Thanks for the kind words. I will continue to keep an eye on the Wanderers. Good luck!

• Luke will bring balance to our attacking force.

• Though young and foolish he is

• Patience you must have, my young Richie

• This seems to be getting a bit esoteric.

• If your reading this Luke good luck for the game tomorrow. We all wish you well and really want you to enjoy yourself at our club.

COYB

• Good luck Luke.

• May the force be with you

• He isn't our only hope. No. There is another....

• Tara Woodward?

• Just waiting for somebody to say we could do worse.

• Greedo Jombati

• He shot first

• I mean Han shot first

• Sorry about the mess

• Charlie ‘Uncle’ Owens

• Yves Maz-Kanata