Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• Experienced striker to support Hayes who put in an incredible shift for the Blues last season. If Holloway continues his progression next season who is to say he will still be at WWFC all season?? I think a shrewd signing by GA.

• 2nd Signing is Ryan Sellers......yeah know idea!! not the signings i was hoping for!!

• Come on man, we're unlikely to get massive names! Jombati was seen by many to be a poor signing last year, and he's been a revelation

• fair point....

• Just seen his interview on youtube, jesus he's a big fella!

• @Wwfc2015_ what were you hoping for?

• Ryan Seller, I hope he is good at dogging and harassing the defenders in the football sense of,a he is huge unit of a fella.

• I'm a bit slow of the mark today, only just realised the two threads I was digesting, in fact states we have signed two forward's today. Like waiting for a bus.

• edited June 2015

Sellers is a bit of an odd one. Of all the positions I'd have thought we have left back pretty well covered with Jacobson and Wood.

I guess he's not on a massive wage and has been signed as defensive cover, and could be going out on loan.

• Sellers is left sided, Thompson is a great signing. Lets get perspective we have to assemble a squad on little money, Thompson scored 12 in a relegated team. Plays well witg hayes. Good signings!

• Bit of a snipe there mooneyman. I really think glass houses and stones come to mind.

• @robin I'm not so sure this would be the end for Craig - his renaissance at the end of end of last season was to with playing out wide and defending up the pitch rather than primarily posing an attacking threat. Depends on whether Ainsworth wants to continue using him in that role, or whether Craig would want to play in that role when he's been a striker leading the line during his career in Scotland.

• I'm not fazed by Thompson's age - if you're good enough you're old/young enough. I'd imagine we'd either get a young forward either on a free or on loan to compliment Thompson and Hayes now McClure's been given the boot.

• Does anyone know any history about new signing Ryan Stellars haven't heard anything about him really????

• M3GM3G
    edited June 2015

He hasn't ever played in the league. Its one for the future. Hopefully he can make the grade. Year to prove himself I suppose.

• I guess as there is no form of academy or youth team at WW income from young players such as Ibe, Scowen, Stewart will dry out so youth maybe has a long term financial benifit

• Good signings, in GA we trust! Cant wait for the fixture list and August 8th!!!!

COYB!!!

• I know him very well as I taught him and had him playing in my school team. Technically very good, and like most left footed players can strike a ball very well. He is very good at reading the game and getting stuck in. Since then he has grown up and filled out a hell of a lot. At 15 he stood out playing under 18s football. He has worked hard to get where he is now. Good luck to him.

• What position does he play?

• Ryan's a defender, here he is getting selected for the Nike Academy :

• Nice one, thanks.

• He's been through quite a bit of pressure at the Nike Academy so he may be an untapped diamond. I think the one thing to remember is that we don't have the resources to bring players along just for the ride. Interesting signing.

• I'd imagine it will be the same as Fletcher, Horlock, etc. last year. I guess he'll go out on loan for experience with a local non-league club but train with the squad during the week. Hopefully polish him up as a future replacement for JJ or sell him on for a nice tidy profit.

• If any of our players go out on loan it must be to a conference premier league team not the southern division which are mostly part time.

• Mawson is in talks with Millwall....not great but suppose makes sense for him....fair play to him if he wants to challenge himself at a higher level.

• He is also in talks with us and probably 4 or 5 other clubs means nothing till the ink is dry on the paper.

• Just seen that Mawson is talking to Swindon today as well.

• As @blueh_w says (am I agreeing with one of his/her posts???), we all knew that Mawson would be talking with other clubs over the summer so today's news isn't a shock, other than making it a more uncomfortable reality...

• Wow Nike Academy, these are the type of Academies setups lacking on these shores. Awesome stuff.

Well done Nike, I am even more pleased for Sellers, welcome aboard.