Skip to content

Trust Members cash injection

Comments

• Ignore him, he's wilfully ignorant. The worst kind of ignorant.

• I think I just heard the all-clear siren.

• @DevC I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you really are a complete plum

• Well this is all fun isn't it. Good pivot btw Dev, bang on about how AP couldn't possibly redeveloped for months, when proved obviously wrong make it all about the car park.

• For those of you still interested in this "issue", I have reviewed and attached the latest High Wycombe plan process - currently only a draft but building on the existing more restrictive plan.

https://www.wycombe.gov.uk/pages/Planning-and-building-control/New-local-plan/New-local-plan-supporting-evidence.aspx#Economy_study_and_employment_land_review

The section relating to Sands is section 4.73 which you will note will continue to be zoned as "employment land". What you can do with "employment land is discussed in the conclusions section 4.292 with "permitted rights" from 4.3.12.

You will see that housing cannot be built on land designated as employment land with one exception. If the EXISTING building is configured as offices, those offices can in certain circumstances be converted to residential within the existing building construction. I presume that is the nature of the building referred to earlier.

As far as I can see, all this reinforces that it would not be possible to develop AP or the car park or the adjacent factories for housing use. Social media being what it is, I suspect many of you will prefer to believe what you want to believe regardless of the evidence. that is your right.

• @DevC why have you started calling the gasroom social media?

• anti-social media would be more apt

• I think we need to inject a sense of fun back into the Gasroom

First suggestion is that on a weekly basis we come up with words or phrases that @glasshalffull has to get into his commentaries

Something along the lines of "you couldn't make it up", "no better than we've already got", "basic Wycombe knowledge", "bang out material" etc

• @eric_plant said:
    I think we need to inject a sense of fun back into the Gasroom

First suggestion is that on a weekly basis we come up with words or phrases that @glasshalffull has to get into his commentaries

Something along the lines of "you couldn't make it up", "no better than we've already got", "basic Wycombe knowledge", "bang out material" etc

It's basic maths?

• Unlikely that a former factory is conveniently set out with offices throughout and therefore readily convertible to living accommodation.
    (I am taking @Wendoverman’s use of the word ‘factory’ on trust and assuming that the building converted was not an office block.)

• https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/commercial/details/48050934

Pretty sure it was offices before, and they've been listed for a long time. Who'd want to live in an industrial estate?

Shows moving commercial to residential around AP can be done though.

• All very easily done @micra to be honest, anything can be converted these days. Before people ask, yes I am in the building trade.

• But not factories presumably?

• @micra said:
    But not factories presumably?

The old chair factories on Leigh Street are being converted into factories right now.

• Factories can quite easily be converted into flats, if that's what you mean, or am I getting the wrong End of the stick here re conversation wise, sorry my head is still a bit fuddled from the dev fest yesterday.

• Mrs micra tells me that what she describes as a book factory (near the Old Oak pub) was converted into residential property not long ago. Can understand that as it was a standalone building amidst residences, unlike the residential property amidst industrial units in Hillbottom Road.

• Do you wish to revise that @Username ?!?

• @micra the flats I see were most probably offices tis true. Not sure about the other ones mentioned. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. It's nice that you trust me though.

• @HolmerBlue - I know what you mean. I am now struggling to think who reckons Hillbottom Road and beyond is ripe for development and who cannot see it happening.

@Username - where is Leigh Street?

• oh I did actually put that originally: 'Ex-grim factory offices ' but it's been so many posts since then.

• @eric_plant said:
    I think we need to inject a sense of fun back into the Gasroom

'and if you've seen a better pass than that then please be so good as to explain where...'

• Does Eddie Monsoon still watch Wycombe and comment on off field matters ?

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Does Eddie Monsoon still watch Wycombe and comment on off field matters ?

Hasn't been spotted under that pseudonym since the demise of Gasroom 1.0

• @Wendoverman - a flat in Hillbottom Road would save me £5 parking plus half a gallon of petrol (mainly consumed in Hillbottom Road after matches). What better reason?

Probably shouldn’t have moved from Sands in 1983 but even I am not that prescient and in any case Widmer End has a slight edge and gets prettier snow. If I’m still around in three years’ time as we battle against relegation from Etchasketch National League, I shall switch to Holmer Green. On reflection perhaps not. I see that the crowd at one of their matches earlier this season was 29. They are due to play Reading City though (the big boys) home and away in the same week - 25 February (A); 2 March (H). Eat your hearts out Andy and Steve. COYG.

• @eric_plant I hope @glasshalffull would be up for that challenge - back in the day, he made it his aim to mention something WWFC-related every week in his commentaries (and managed to succeed more often than not).

• @micra I must admit being a sad man I've looked at the houses along the road to the ground and thought...hmmmmm how handy is that? Not sure Mrs W would necessarily agree with my choice of location for our next move though.

• Indeed @micra , the book factory in Holmer Green was converted into 5 flats. I do agree, not sure why people would want to live down there, but then i see certain parts of country when out and about and think maybe living down there would be better than them.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Indeed @micra , the book factory in Holmer Green was converted into 5 flats. I do agree, not sure why people would want to live down there, but then i see certain parts of country when out and about and think maybe living down there would be better than them.

Snap it up for a bargain price now, wait a few years until the surrounding area is all houses as well and more desirable, and sell for profit?

Or it’s the only thing they can afford to get onto the ladder.

• @micra said:
    @HolmerBlue - I know what you mean. I am now struggling to think who reckons Hillbottom Road and beyond is ripe for development and who cannot see it happening.

@Username - where is Leigh Street?

Won't let me edit the post but everyone knows what I meant to type!

Leigh Street is inbetween Green Street and Desborough, they're cramming in lots of flats in there, it's a pretty big development.

• It really bugs me to refer back to what CornwallB posted but it would appear that it all comes down to how the area is now zoned.
    I expect the old furniture and plastics factories in Leigh Street are close enough to the town centre to not be zoned "employment" any more and hence can be redeveloped for housing.
    I'd rather live in those nice old buildings than out on the Sands industrial estate, even given the laters proximity to Adams Park.