Skip to content

Trust Members cash injection

Comments

• But one of the grim former factories is now a block of grim looking flats. (You'd know if you came to Adams Park and parked in the industrial estate...) so I assume it pays the owners to have factories there at present and it pays the landowner to let Wycombe use the field as a car park. I think that Adams Park would quite easily become the Adams Park Estate and you previously slapped that down in your usual high-handed manner claiming that could not happen. I am entitled to my view and entitled to my view of your view. That does not make me a liar.

• Dev, the field where cars park and the factories on Hillbottom Road are totally different and surely cannot be compared like for like when it comes to planning permission.

Out of interest, what is your area of professional expertise? Is it property?

• Having a different view does not make you a liar, of course Wendover. Claiming I have said something I haven’t does. Please don’t do it.

For the reasons I have given above, I think it is extraordinarily unlikely that residential planning permission would be achievable on the AP site or the car park or the adjacent factories.

As I say, let’s hope we never get to find out. Given FALL will own the stadium bid or no bid, the point is probably moot anyway.

As it happens @OxfordBlue , I do have commercial property professional expertise.

• @DevC said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Don't worry they would never sell the ground and build houses on it...no way there are very strict stipulations....there is no value in Adams Park (c. Dev)

Please stop lying @Wendoverman.

I have never said there is no value in Adams Park. I have said that in my view it would be extremely difficult to get residential planning permission on the site, so its value would be for commercial/industrial development, which is a much lower land value. The reason I say this is that the ground sits in an area zoned for employment use and councils are very reluctant to allow employment land to convert to residential. frankly if it was possible, it is extremely unlikely that the upper car park would still be used for once a fortnight car parking and not already be a housing estate, as no doubt would many of the factory plots along Hillbottom Road.

If you have evidence to the contrary, or even an informed reason to the contrary, as I have said before, please say what it is. Don't just make things up that people have never said.

On the same Hillbottom Road industrial estate as Adams Park, a large former commercial unit (just a few hundred yards from the stadium) has been granted permission for conversion into 18 residential apartments
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55456872.html
    looks like you be a talking bollocks again devy baby

• But it HAS already happened. Ex-grim factory offices on the industrial estate where we park is now converted into a block of residential flats. People are living there. I been done seen it with my own eyes.

• How is this: 'Don't worry they would never sell the ground and build houses on it...no way there are very strict stipulations....there is no value in Adams Park (c. Dev)'
    Lying about your position....which you have re-iterated above? You people on social media always end up being personally abusive. Disgraceful.

• Maybe I’m wrong. I think it is highly unlikely and let’s hope we never find out.
    If AP ceased to be a football ground, I think it would end up as light industrial units.

• Yes you are wrong, very wrong.

• I have never said there is no value in AP, Wendover. There is. Just not as much as you think. Please don’t false quote, it’s not clever it’s lying.

• @DevC said:
    I have never said there is no value in AP, Wendover. There is. Just not as much as you think. Please don’t false quote, it’s not clever it’s lying.

Can we have some figures then, Dev? Clearly not £7 million. What is Wendover's figure? and your own estimate?

• I have no figures...I'm not a property developer like Dev...but you'd get a lot of houses (and the usual pretend 'shops, school and GP surgery' (see small print)) on Adams Park if it had to be flogged is all I am saying. Of course because he cannot see a scenario when an unscrupulous businessman would manipulate a situation to make that a reality and although they may be turning industrial units into residential properties at the moment, I'm sure he's right and Adams Park and the car park would just become 'light industrial units'.

• @DevC you keep saying “let’s hope we never find out” despite the fact that we have already found out from residential planning being granted for one of the factories. You’ve already been told that. You’ve also been shown how easy it is to get planning rezoned on an abondoned building but you’re so entrenched in your verifiably false position that none of this sinks in, even when multiple posters tell you.

• weren't we getting 500k losses when steve hayes was here something aint right at all with the running of the club .

• edited February 2019

@DevC said:
    I think it is extraordinarily unlikely that residential planning permission would be achievable on the AP site or the car park or the adjacent factories.

Verbatim, before you edit it or accuse someone of misquoting you.

• @DevC said:
    frankly if it was possible, it is extremely unlikely that the upper car park would still be used for once a fortnight car parking and not already be a housing estate.

Isn’t the car park rented from the Dashwood estate? I’m pretty sure they aren’t in the business of property development.

• Correct - the upper car park land belongs to the Dashwoods.

• I suspect the Dashwoods would be delighted to sell off that land if they could get residential planning permission on it. Why on earth wouldn’t they?

I am not sure why this is relevant to the decision on which bid to accept if any. But if you feel it is, ask the trust to get a QS from the area to advise on what planning in his opinion would be achievable and consequent value.

• Incredible scenes. Your claims are shot down with proof and you deflect. The Dashwoods also own most of West Wycombe, how many new residential developments do you see in West Wycombe on your way to Adams Park? Is it none? That’s weird, I’m sure they’d be “delighted” to redevelop it.

• Roughly how big in acres would you estimate the car park land to be. Doesn’t matter if you don’t get it quite right. And what would be your guess of how much rent we pay to use it as a car park?

• Can someone let me know when it's all stopped and the body parts have been cleared up?

• How many marbles are in this jar? Doesn’t matter if you don’t get it exactly right. And how much did I pay for this shirt?

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

• Are you avoiding inconvenient questions again? Let’s try it a different way. Would you say an estimate of around 5 acres is way off the mark? And an annual rent of no more than £20k - in the ballpark?

• Where’s Harry Hill when you need him

• Literally fuck off Dev. You’re not a schoolmaster and I’m not your pupil. Nobody has any obligation to answer your stupid questions and given how you appear to be wrong about everything there would be no point anyway. Take a long hard look at your life.

• Ah here we go. Dr Congo realises his argument has collapsed so becomes abusive again. La plus ca change.

So we have a plot of land of perhaps 5 acres that our Doc believes would easily get resi planning. That would make it worth at least £5m. It currently earns the owners a minimal income as an occasional car park. Our Doc believes it’s sophisticated land owning family owners wouldn’t be interested in selling because - err - well because it doesn’t suit his argument. Laughable.

• Get a room

• It's plus ça change.

No 'la'

• Remarkable that dev thinks he’s won this one.

• Another righteous blow struck against the social media.

• @DevC said:
    Ah here we go. Dr Congo realises his argument has collapsed so becomes abusive again. La plus ca change.

So we have a plot of land of perhaps 5 acres that our Doc believes would easily get resi planning. That would make it worth at least £5m. It currently earns the owners a minimal income as an occasional car park. Our Doc believes it’s sophisticated land owning family owners wouldn’t be interested in selling because - err - well because it doesn’t suit his argument. Laughable.

I doubt the Dashwoods are desperately short of ready cash at the current time. Why would they want to realise an asset that is likely to increase in value over time?