Skip to content

Match day thread: Bradford

13»

Comments

• @fame_46 said:
    The most entertaining part of today was listening to the drummer criticising the other drummer down hillbottom road after the game.

Was @uptheblues there sticking up for his mate?

• @Fit2drop It's 'I Still Believe' by Frank Turner

• Well looks like this thread has been well and truly hijacked. Who am I to buck the trend?
    There is a thriving culture of talented singer songwriters incorporating real wit into their music, oddly often based around the Bristol area. Frank Turner is perhaps the best known, but Gaz Brookfield, referenced by @Fit2drop, and Nick Parker for example deserve a wider audience. So in a small way lets give them one. Have a listen.

• Poor game on a VERY cold day, but playing a 4-5-1 with both Samuel or SK up front on their own struggling to get any joy. If playing that formation then we need a Rammel-esque type striker or a Bayo.....oh hold on, don't we have one of those somewhere...?

Also ran out of ale in the Vere yet again. If you bought 2 barrels of Rev James it would sell.....although burger in the FA was probably the best I've had all season and it was warm verging on hot if you can believe it.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Poor game on a VERY cold day, but playing a 4-5-1 with both Samuel or SK up front on their own struggling to get any joy. If playing that formation then we need a Rammel-esque type striker or a Bayo.....oh hold on, don't we have one of those somewhere...?

Also ran out of ale in the Vere yet again. If you bought 2 barrels of Rev James it would sell.....although burger in the FA was probably the best I've had all season and it was warm verging on hot if you can believe it.

Family stand chips would have been warmer if they were still in the freezer.
    And for some reason the queue orientation was changed pre-kick off which was highly unsettling.

• And no queue at the food counter in the FA either, although I usually nip down 30 mins into the first half, I never wait till half time as I go outside to smerk tabs then.

• Never mind the burgers and chips, what is the crisp situation.

• On the subject of the ale "corner" in the vere... Don't know if I've ever missed why... but, why don't they actually use the bar in that corner ? They could clear it all out and sell the ales from in there , which would create a bit more space in the bar itself surely ? Also, I agree they always seem to run short for afterwards which is a shame.

• edited February 2019

@HolmerBlue said:
    On the subject of the ale "corner" in the vere... Don't know if I've ever missed why... but, why don't they actually use the bar in that corner ? They could clear it all out and sell the ales from in there , which would create a bit more space in the bar itself surely ? Also, I agree they always seem to run short for afterwards which is a shame.

Not sure there is room behind that bar to rack six barrels as is done now.
    The club can afford ale wastage costs and given that the next home game is not for three weeks, any ale not drunk would not last till then, but has to be paid for.

• I love ale corner and would rather have it there but likely to run out than not have it at all.

• @AlanCecil said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    On the subject of the ale "corner" in the vere... Don't know if I've ever missed why... but, why don't they actually use the bar in that corner ? They could clear it all out and sell the ales from in there , which would create a bit more space in the bar itself surely ? Also, I agree they always seem to run short for afterwards which is a shame.

The club can afford ale wastage costs and given that the next home game is not for three weeks, any ale not drunk would not last till then, but has to be paid for.

Thanks for the response Alan... yes makes sense re the not drunk beer can see that, seems a wast to have that bar in the corner and not utilised though, what about if it was all just knocked out, would then be a free corner they could move into a bit more, and gain a bit more space.

• @HolmerBlue - could turn into a crisp corner!

• @HolmerBlue said:

@AlanCecil said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Thanks for the response Alan... yes makes sense re the not drunk beer can see that, seems a wast to have that bar in the corner and not utilised though, what about if it was all just knocked out, would then be a free corner they could move into a bit more, and gain a bit more space.

Sensible suggestion which could be put on the wish list for as and when we have funds available. Many more urgent priorities though.

• @MBS said:
    Never mind the burgers and chips, what is the crisp situation.

Cheese and onion only

• As long as there’s a few bottles from Rebellion and Fishers that’s good enough for afters.

• Can I just add for those who did buy The Wanderer on Saturday. I hope you spent the first 70 minutes reading it instead of watching the pitch.

• The ale 'festival' corner is a great addition to the Vere Suite, hopefully it's something that helps bring a few bob into the club as well. My only complaint is that the labels on the kegs are a bit small for those with far from perfect eyesight.

• It's B.E.E.R @ReadingMarginalista that's all you need to know. :wink:

• You’re a connosher then @Wendoverman ?

• Dev C. Thanks for the music ref. I do like a little bit of Gaz.
    Ale corner is where you will find me pre and my very small entourage before home games, had a couple I am not keen on but generally like to try some thing new. Dizzy Blond slipped down surprisingly well on Saturday.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Dev C. Thanks for the music ref. I do like a little bit of Gaz.
    Ale corner is where you will find me pre and my very small entourage before home games, had a couple I am not keen on but generally like to try some thing new. Dizzy Blond slipped down surprisingly well on Saturday.

Should the moderators not be filtering out this sort of filth from the 'site? Think of the children.

• I’m sure he takes precautions @HCblue.

• They had a keg of something called Ainsworth's Gold at one point and it was superb.

• Enjoyed both the videos @DevC. The visuals in the second one tickled me and it was good to see @bluntphil make a virtually subliminal appearance 55 seconds into that one.

• I'm glad my throw away comment re the ale corner garnered such attention. Knowing most Wycombe fans (myself included) the ale corner is excellent and I'd rather run out afte the game than have no ale at all.

PS: Rev James all the way for me.