Skip to content

Super Wales

What great team spirit to beat Belgium. Refreshing to see an International team play as a unit instead of as a bunch of individuals. Reminded me of the Mighty Wycombe.

Comments

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    What great team spirit to beat Belgium. Refreshing to see an International team play as a unit instead of as a bunch of individuals. Reminded me of the Mighty Wycombe.

As I have welsh blood running through me, I was overjoyed to say the least. Watching Bale out of Ronaldo shadow was refreshing and you could see how much he enjoyed playing for hid Country. Well done Wales throughly deserved that. Wales should scored to be fair.

• I wonder where Simon Church will end up next season ??

• Yep hats off to them . I wouldn't be too upset if they make it 1958 was even before my time.

• I work with a load of Belgies all Std Liege fans so the Welsh side of me has already dropped a few texts......great stuff.

• Wales rode their luck a bit, Belgium were all over them and could/should have won that comfortably.

• Particularly in the first half I agree......however they didn't did they.

• ReadingMarg I sense a bit of jealousy. Give them some credit. Wales don't get much luck.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    Wales rode their luck a bit, Belgium were all over them and could/should have won that comfortably.

Possession wise yes, real chances no, Belgium had two occasions to beat them in the Qualifiers but failed to do so. Plus Robson-Kanu should have made it 2-0.

Reminds how GA sets his side?

• @Blue_since_1990 My comment was a bit terse as I didn't have much time to write all my thoughts on the game out. I have no axe to grind with Wales (I generally wish them well) and was impressed with their spirit and how they set themselves up with the resources they have.
    I felt a bit sorry for Belgium as they did everything but score, knocked the ball around quite nicely and generally were superior to Wales (from what I could tell from the extended S4C highlights).
    Qualifying would be a big achievement for Wales (even in the current generous qualifying format), hopefully they wouldn't have a disappointing tournament like Republic of Ireland in Euro 2012.