Skip to content

Snow Clearance - Volunteer Help Required Please

An appeal has gone out for volunteers to help this afternoon (till 5pm) and/or on Saturday morning, if we are to have any chance of the game vs Bradford being on. Please take care getting there and home.

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2019/02/snow-clearance-volunteers-required-friday-and-saturday

Comments

• This post repeated from another thread:

.........just back home and the large number of volunteers has done a good job. About 1/4 to 1/3rd of the car park is totally clear and all other areas have had the white lines and numbers uncovered/salted. Thawing pretty quickly but even if there is snow in your slot you should still be able to park on top of it in your bay. Upper car park is of course still covered but MAY be usable by 4x4 and possibly some FWD if thaw continues and no more snow. No point in turning it into an unusable mud bath though and ruining it for a few months. Even took Mrs ValleyWanderer with me and she doesn't even have a ST!! From 9am tomorrow for the walkway's and stands (bring snow shovels/brooms). I wasn't sure of your space @micra but hope we've sorted it for you!

• Can I just say what a fantastic job the club & volunteers did to get the game played on Saturday. Some of the side roads in Wycombe were thick with ice and snow but Adams Park was remarkably clear and pathways created around the ground. Well done to all concerned!

• I rocked up to help for an hour late in the morning. There were a good number of people working hard - must have been knackered, I imagine. Did a really good job, didn't they. Good to see @EwanHoosaami there. Any other Gasroomers present? I always wonder whether I should ask out loud when at those things but, for some reason, think better of it.

• I was there.

• @HCblue said:
    Any other Gasroomers present? I always wonder whether I should ask out loud when at those things but, for some reason, think better of it.

There's a commercial opportunity here - how about a tie and cufflink set stating "I'm in the Gasroom"

• edited February 2019

@Wisdom_Of_Harry said:

@HCblue said:
    Any other Gasroomers present? I always wonder whether I should ask out loud when at those things but, for some reason, think better of it.

There's a commercial opportunity here - how about a tie and cufflink set stating "I'm in the Gasroom"

That'll save the "gasroom where are ya" lot on Facebook some time anyway.

• Even better a half and half set!