Skip to content

Choice for First Game of New Season?

Newport away last year and Morecombe at home the year before that I have two questions for the Gasroom;

1) What would be your preference for the first game of the season when the fixture list comes out?

2) What has been your favourite opening game of seasons past?

Comments

• A) not too fussed but definitely not Rovers, Oxford or Colchester. I'd like us to build up a bit of form before taking the points off them and spoiling their day.

B) Carlisle away. August '93. Still not sure about that green kit though. Great day out and back in time for last orders.

• It won't be Colchester.

• Does Colchester not feel a little unlikely?

• Apparently Bristol Rovers have put in a complaint about us now being their rivals and have told the FA to relegate Col U to join us

• As I can't make it, Carlisle away.

• Likewise, unfortunately I'm away this year for the first couple of games. Last year was a bit of a novelty being around at the start of the season. Carlisle away would suit me too :-)

• Not really fussed TBH, Stevenage away maybe

Though it will be a bar steward for our fans, I wouldn't mind York (A) being midweek so I can stay over and do a pub crawl in their fine city.

• A good first game a few years ago was Charlton away, train/tube/pubbed it down the Charlton, even though we lost 3-2 it was a great day out.

This season Plymouth at home would be a good one.

• York away a couple of years ago was lovely, glorious sunshine and Sam Wood scoring a wonder goal on debut.

• @Chris said:
    York away a couple of years ago was lovely, glorious sunshine and Sam Wood scoring a wonder goal on debut.

It was a wonder goal but a crap game, we were very lucky to win that day.

• M3GM3G
    edited June 2015

In fact if the first game is away and anywhere I wont see it as I am at rebellion!

• Best first game was Notts County (away) 2002. Last minute equaliser by Craig Faulconbridge, watching T20 final at Trent Bridge, then struggling to make last train home after one too many. Happy days!

• Will always be Carlisle in '93, a major milestone in our long illustrious history, a day never to be forgotten.

• To take so many supporters so far was amazing. An unforgettable day