Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

124»

Comments

• Besides Gillingham have we let a lead slip many times this season? It's a shame when you think what a difference six points makes!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Sorry could not count.

If you had a sense of humour I’m sure you would agree that the old gags are the best even when repeated endlessly.

• @Wendoverman In addition to last night, and Gillingham as you mentioned: Burton (a), Luton (h), Charlton (a), Portsmouth (a), Sunderland (a), the first two rounds of the Carabao, Fulham in the Checkatrade... (10 times in total, 7 in the League, 16 points 'dropped').

Those are the bare stats, but we've also snatched a fair few points too. I make it, coming from behind in the League this season, we've 'picked up' 15 points, so we're pretty much even.

(My figures may be worth checking, as I'm only an amateur 'statto')

• I was 'concentrating on the league' @LeedsBlue but thanks for that.

• I like the fact that the BBC now have us as 'Playoff Hopefuls' in their match report. It's a long way from 'Relegation Favorites' at the start of the season!

• Just watched the highlights at last....why on earth did PCH do that?

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @Wendoverman In addition to last night, and Gillingham as you mentioned: Burton (a), Luton (h), Charlton (a), Portsmouth (a), Sunderland (a), the first two rounds of the Carabao, Fulham in the Checkatrade... (10 times in total, 7 in the League, 16 points 'dropped').

Those are the bare stats, but we've also snatched a fair few points too. I make it, coming from behind in the League this season, we've 'picked up' 15 points, so we're pretty much even.

(My figures may be worth checking, as I'm only an amateur 'statto')

Great breakdown! A point to make about this is that it is easier to drop points from winning positions than gain them from losing positions. An equalizer against is 2 dropped, while an equalizer for is 1 gained. So to be close to equal is actually very impressive!

• In contrast to many on here, I thought Samuel was fantastic, consistently won free-kicks when he had no right to. Although Freeman did well defensively, I thought his attacking was poor, constantly mispassing and dribbling out of play - although, I am sure the pitch didn't help.

• Thompson was again briiliant. Bayo's touch and strength reminded us how much of a difference he can still make. I love Samuel's endevour but thought he tired towards the end. I thought PCH wasn't too bad but so disappointed with him having a strop and then the penalty was a head in hands moment. I though Sido had a bit of an off day. A bit panicky and hoofing aimlessly.

An odd game in many ways. For 75-80 minutes Blackpool looked poor and offered little but by the end happy to take a point.

• On a random note, Wycombe have had 17 different scorers this season, and it is great that we spread the wealth like we do. The top three:

Bayo: 6
    JJ: 5
    PCH: 4
    (The departed Fred also has 4).

What are the odds on JJ being our top scorer, I wonder?

• @Shev said:
    On a random note, Wycombe have had 17 different scorers this season, and it is great that we spread the wealth like we do. The top three:

Bayo: 6
    JJ: 5
    PCH: 4
    (The departed Fred also has 4).

What are the odds on JJ being our top scorer, I wonder?

You fogot Kashket on 5

• I think we will see much more of Kashket over the next three months.

• That's weird - BBC has Kashket on 3. Maybe they are talking league goals only...

• Probably don't count Chuckletrade goals.