Skip to content

Non-essential Plymouth content

edited January 2019 in Football

A crude, carelessly-curated collection of comments from the Plymouth fan forum, PASOTI:

Tbh to Wycombe they have a way of playing rather than moaning about there budgets !
Up to 8th the table doesn't lie at this time of year if he keeps this up a larger club will take a punt on Ainsworth
Argyle and Adams know what to expect and if we don't deal with it good look to Wycombe ! I personally am wondering what standard of player we are expecting to get in.

Wycombe doing what Wycombe do when leading in a game.
(In response:) And rightly so. It’s up to us to change that and we can’t.

This is horrible to watch. Cheating, rolling around, time wasting. Awful, awful advert for football.

I wrote to Gareth Ainsworth once and asked him why his teams appeared to cheat so much, never got a reply though !

Ainsworth always seems to get one over on Adams

Imagine being a Wycombe fan and having to make excuses for watching this sh*t week in week out. Ainsworth here? No thanks. Never.

(After final whistle:)

Queue the doom merchants!

Look at their points tally! Rather have their points than ours! His teams borderline on cheating, but they aren't looking over their shoulders at the teams below them with two games in hand. The guy gets results, as much as I dislike him and Akinfatwa.

We stay 17th, but a few teams have games in hand on us.
It's not the loss that worries me most, but the way we lost.
Still a 1 - 0 loss could have been worse.

The attacking three were easily sussed. Day jar view.
Can’t see how Wycombe are any cheatier than say Walsall, a mindset thing with the fixture. Wycombe are certainly very strong defensively, though, better than Argyle at their peak last year.

Most frustrating game of football I have ever watched. Second half was the most disgusting display I’ve ever witnessed.
How do they get away with it week in week out

When you play like we did in the 1st half you can't have too many complaints.
Their keeper made 1 half save in the whole game.

Very frustrating afternoon. Despite their time wasting Wycombe were better than us in the first half and showed urgency and accurate passing. Argyle struggled to string two passes together or have a decent shot. Letheren was the only Argyle player to emerge with any credit. To make matters worse we’re still stuck in the sodding car park.

A masterclass in time-wasting. I honestly cannot understand how they get away with it match after match at Adams Park without someone at the EFL realising. And as for the Wycombe keeper twice pretending to be injured then inciting the Argyle fans, he could have caused the crowd to kick-off. I spoke to the Stewards team-leader after the match and he wasn’t happy with the keeper for that. Then them throwing the ball away time after time and their physios not leaving the pitch by the nearest line. An awful team.

Who got the 3 points? Tactically outdone

People can whinge and moan all they want about Wycombe's time-wasting. I hate it, but ultimately, the opposition has to be good enough to go around it. One shot on target from Argyle says it all.

like it or not they play to there strengths and are 9th in the table im sure there fans will be happy with that.

I'd rather be an honest team that's 17th, than a dishonest team that's 9th definitely.

Comments

• @HCblue said:
    A crude, carelessly curated collection of comments from the Plymouth fan forum, PASOTI:

I'd rather be an honest team that's 17th, than a dishonest team that's 9th definitely.

Oh no you wouldn't! ??

• "Day jar view". I am not sure if I want that to be serious or not!

• @Shev said:
    "Day jar view". I am not sure if I want that to be serious or not!

I can live with misspellings when the content is fair-minded.

• Made my evening. Thank you

• I'd rather be relegated with every player trying nutmegs or long ranch screamrs than survive our first season in a higher league by grinding out a 1-0 against a team that created nothing and moving a place up the table.

• I'd prefer us to be an honest team, refusing to appeal throw ins we suspect aren't ours, and compete in Division 6 of the Wycombe combination, then....

am i doing this right?

• The second half was akin to a pantomime, no better than watching local badly choreographed wrestling. What can i do next to outrage the paying public.
    The sport will head for a huge decline (particularly the lower leagues) if what i witnessed Saturday becomes the norm and acceptable.
    Trust me as someone who primarily follows away from home, i've seen us bad, i've been beyond disappointed, questioned my sanity driving to Rochdale on a Tuesday night etc, but i've never left a game thinking this sport isn't for me anymore - i did Saturday. If Wycombe fans want to revel in it, then so be it, as their tin pot club will be one of the first to feel any pinch if fans do start to feel like me.

• Tommywhineman. In the immortal words of Windsor Davis "oh dear how sad what a pity never mind"

• @tommytynan01 You really are an utterly interminable wanker.

• oh bluey that's not nice im here to educate and entertain

• I really think that Tommy is also a liar, perhaps he was one of the kids not the responsible parent?

• Its Ewan McTeagle, well I'm 50 but whats wrong with being a kid, they have relevant points of view too, don't be so juvenalist

• I thought you were really Lassie O'Shen.

• @tommytynan01 said:
    The second half was akin to a pantomime, no better than watching local badly choreographed wrestling. What can i do next to outrage the paying public.
    The sport will head for a huge decline (particularly the lower leagues) if what i witnessed Saturday becomes the norm and acceptable.
    Trust me as someone who primarily follows away from home, i've seen us bad, i've been beyond disappointed, questioned my sanity driving to Rochdale on a Tuesday night etc, but i've never left a game thinking this sport isn't for me anymore - i did Saturday. If Wycombe fans want to revel in it, then so be it, as their tin pot club will be one of the first to feel any pinch if fans do start to feel like me.

In a way I agree with you, if I travelled hours to watch my team put in as pathetic a first half performance and as toothless a second half performance I'd question if I wanted to go.

We created enough chances to paste you, and comfortably won in the end, add in the enjoyment of seeing your complete toss pot of a manager blow a gasket and hysterical fans and it was a good afternoon. Hope you enjoyed the drive home as well, I was in the pub again 10 minutes later having a nice cold pint chatting about potentially getting in the playoffs.

• @mooneyman said:
    I thought you were really Lassie O'Shen.

lassie's a dog mate, im a fox

• Oh no Username! I’ve blocked Tommy Tinpot and now I’ve had to read his nonsensical outpourings again. I know it’s not in the interests of free speech, but isn’t there some way he can be permanently removed from here? Incidentally, it was interesting to read that article linked earlier in which Mr Adams professed his admiration for gamesmanship.

• @tommytynan01 said:
    Its Ewan McTeagle, well I'm 50 but whats wrong with being a kid, they have relevant points of view too, don't be so juvenalist

You may well be 50 but certainly not in mind, maybe your IQ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@tommytynan01 said:
    Its Ewan McTeagle, well I'm 50 but whats wrong with being a kid, they have relevant points of view too, don't be so juvenalist

You may well be 50 but certainly not in mind, maybe your IQ?

an average stab mcteagle but not top bants

• @tommytynan01 said:
    oh bluey that's not nice im here to educate and entertain

Not with that approach to the English language you're not.

• @tommytynan01 said:
    The second half was akin to a pantomime, no better than watching local badly choreographed wrestling. What can i do next to outrage the paying public.

our tin pot are out performing your inbred team.....in every football department. enjoy your relatgation dogfight. you must be a 50 year old viegoj #cretin

• @Wanderers82 said:

@tommytynan01 said:

our tin pot club are out performing your inbred team.....in every football department. enjoy your relatgation dogfight. you must be a 50 year old virgin #cretin

• again poor winderer pure abuse and no humour aint bants, tiny brain me thinks

• @tommytynan01 said:
    again poor winderer pure abuse and no humour aint bants, tiny brain me thinks

why would I want to have banter with a 50 year old virgin?? get back and concentrate on relatgation

• relatgation whats that ? some Berkshire nonsense between cousins? and you are bantering with me nobend, though very poorly

• Oi Tommy, you absolute thundering bellend, here's how to act like a gentleman in a post-match interview.

• I doubt if Tommy Tinpot would recognise class and dignity as it’s something he’s clearly not used to.

• I'm sure Tommy can spin this negatively in one way or another.

'Typical small club mentality from Ainsworth getting his excuses in early' blah blah fucking blah.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I'm sure Tommy can spin this negatively in one way or another.

'Typical small club mentality from Ainsworth getting his excuses in early' blah blah fucking blah.

Sure he would if he wasn't banned.

• Still getting Argyle abuse on twitter, six days now. I think they are a bit upset?