Skip to content

Cressex Filling Station Thread

2»

Comments

• Well hold on there.....who said it was in Castlefield.....is it allowed t bring in other variables like that?

• Not Booker Turnpike, but more usually people on the er... earthier side of New Road who want a piece of Booker's action.

• All these places were distinctly separate in my young days with green fields in between. Well not that green but fields anyway. They were then joined up by housing which complicated the geography. Booker was the area around the common where cricket was played by the village team and Crooks Coaches had their depot just down the road. The old names live on but if you didn't know them then it doesn't mean much...not that it matters.

• I believe we've always been talking about the Turnpike one as being "Cressex" - the reason being that we always assumed it was on Cressex Road. That and any prospective signing would drive past it on their way to and from signing.

We appear to have been wrong on every level!

• @Keith_Allens_Wig said:
    He's got a magic car too, that turns people religious - it's got a Catholic converter

We haven't got a prayer in signing Tom pope. Still doesn't Alter the fact that we haven't signed anyone

• You know you support a pretty lowly club when you read stuff like
    "we haven't got a prayer in signing Tom Pope"

A guy I had to google as being a guy who has loitered at the likes of...Port Vale and Crewe.

Yeah, we're seriously punching above our weight here!

Cripes

• @Malone said:
    You know you support a pretty lowly club when you read stuffffs like
    "we haven't got a prayer in signing Tom Pope"

A guy I had to google as being a guy who has loitered at the likes of...Port Vale and Crewe.

Yeah, we're seriously punching above our weight here!

Cripes

Ffs sense of humour failure

• As a few people have genuinely said such a comment about that player, you'll have to forgive me for not recognising your post as exceptionally well observed satire.