Skip to content

Wanderers Great Leapers

2»

Comments

• The happiest of memories.

• What a night that was!

A sign of my age, I know, but I had forgotten we missed a penalty in the game.

• The moment I knew we were going to go up

• @Right_in_the_Middle, surely the best diving header from aWycombe player has to be Mark West at Wembley?

Interesting highlights from a Kidderminster point of view:-

or why night make a night of it and watch the whole match:-

• Can’t watch that without hearing Shiny, Happy People over it (was on the video we released).

But forgotten how soft their goal was

• They were a great side, though, Kidderminster, under Graham Allner. Really fluent, with good movement. And Lillwall, who was excellent in their midfield, went on to have a decent career with West Brom - played against us in the cup game.

• I have read through the whole thread and am still no wiser on who are Wycombe's great lepers?

• Adam Al Abd did well in the air for a relatively small centre back

• @wingnut said:
    John Delaney was a wonderful header and scored many goals from corners. He was tall though so had a height advantage which he made the most of.

Many a striker would give their right arm to score 65 goals in 228 appearances. I probably could have put it better than that but you know what I mean.

@JohnnyAllAlone none I hope.! Covid is bad enough.

• Jason Cousins could get up well for headers despite not being the tallest. When his legs started to go, and was moved into the middle, he didnt lose many headers.

• No one has mentioned JP Pittman yet. I recall that he had a good leap for a smallish forward.

• And the other one was Frank Sinclair, who has far too small to be a centre half in the modern game (5ft 9 inches according to Wikipedia) but who won multiple headers due to the height and timing of his jumping.