Skip to content

Player of the Season

2»

Comments

• @Shev said:
    Things to do for Wycombe, summer 2020:

1. Help Neil Harman with negotiations for movie rights of 'Close Quarters'

Looks like you might be pushing against an open door with this one...

• Amazon following us next season? Now that would make some good TV plus huge exposure.
    Wonder if Gaz and co would really want them about though

• That's not the first time they've tweeted about us, but I've not really read anything into it.

• I saw that Tweet and thought it was quite suggestive, but didn’t quite make the link to their sports documentaries.

It isn’t out of the question. The appeal of an underdog story, the obvious draw of Bayo, the Couhig’s involvement giving it some potential appeal to an American audience. Plus of course we are probably available at a fair price, whereas other clubs wouldn’t entertain the idea unless they were paid millions and/or could maintain editorial control to make it a marketing piece.

• I'm sure I heard the Couhigs talk about this as an option they were open to at some point.

• The upgraded comms would definitely make it easier to film around the ground too I imagine?

• @mooneyman said:
    8. Unveiling of @micra's tattoo on big screen at first home game.

Given the discussion on location I may leave it a little later to enter the ground that day.

• Darius for me but so close. Having Darius in the starting 11 makes me feel calmer...and we all know supporting Wycombe is not a calm experience.

• Leave me out if this, lads. I hardly play at all these days.

• It was incredibly difficult to decide who to pick. I’ve known Anthony Stewart slightly since I used to bump into him and Charles Dunne in ASDA from time to time all those years ago and he’s just had comfortably his best season. JJ is an absolute legend but, for his extraordinary rejuvenation, strength of character and consistently calm, imperious performances, it has to be Darius.

• Think I’m going to have to play rock, paper, scissors with myself to decide between the three of them. But then Bloomers was absolutely immense for large parts of the season, Allsop had a phenomenal run at one point and that save towards the end last night was a defining moment as well.
    Gah, why do they have to make this so difficult for us to decide!

• Stewart got my vote after last night's heroics and his ever-presence, but JJ and Darius would be equally worthy picks. If Fred and Grimmer hadn't been so hampered by injuries they could easily have been in the frame as well.

• Would it be too twee to ask the club, just this once, to award the player of the season trophy to the whole squad?

• I make it:

Darius 34
    JJ. 31
    Tools 14
    Bayo, Jack, Jason & David 1 each

• @Jonny_King said:
    Would it be too twee to ask the club, just this once, to award the player of the season trophy to the whole squad?

Yes

• Fair enough.