Skip to content

Berks and bucks cup update

Slough and Newport Pagnell through to the semis. Marlow play Reading tomorrow.

Comments

• Reading beat Marlow on penalties last night

• How long is it since we were last able to sing "we all f***ing hate Slough" while actually playing them?

• Seems very likely you will not be able to this season either, sadly.

I wonder if they will bother playing it at all assuming all matches would be behind closed doors.

• @drcongo said:
    How long is it since we were last able to sing "we all f***ing hate Slough" while actually playing them?

Pre season a couple of years or so back.

• I'll be singing it at home if it goes ahead Dev. Just for nostalgia's sake.

• With us playing Newport Pagnell away next up does anyone know if we've ever travelled more miles in a B&B campaign?

• I shall be travelling approximately half a mile to this game - yipeee!

• @perfidious_albion said:

@drcongo said:
    How long is it since we were last able to sing "we all f***ing hate Slough" while actually playing them?

To the best of my recollection nobody actually did though. In fact, nobody sung anything at all (not surprising really).

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@perfidious_albion said:

@drcongo said:

To the best of my recollection nobody actually did though. In fact, nobody sung anything at all (not surprising really).

It was a strange one. Very pre season, on AstroTurf , their new ‘stadium’ launch. Seem to remember the burgers were good though. Nick Freeman on trial impressed.

• I go there regularly when Wycombe are away. Nice little stadium. Was there last weekend sadly that may be my last live football of the season given the current situation.

• Slough's keeper missed a penalty in their defeat at Weymouth today.

• This season's competition has been cancelled.

http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/news/2020/mar/06/coronavirus-update

Our result at Hungerford has been expunged. Tough on David Wates, losing that goal. Hope he gets another chance.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    This season's competition has been cancelled.

http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/news/2020/mar/06/coronavirus-update

Our result at Hungerford has been expunged. Tough on David Wates, losing that goal. Hope he gets another chance.

Always next year!