Skip to content

Graham Coughlan set to leave Bristol Rovers

13»

Comments

• When Jay Tabb scored that volley against us on Boxing Day for Brentford I applauded completely spontaneously. Didn't even realise I was doing it

It was just that good

• edited December 2019

Dean Windass scored an incredible volley against us for Hull back in the mid-90s and I distinctly remember a fair round of applause from the Wycombe fans.

• Was it as good as his one in the play-off final?

• I seem to remember at the time more than one person said it was as good as any goal Hoddle ever scored.

• It was good as any goal I've ever seen, live or on television. I think most people applauded. I certainly did

• It was an incredible goal. There was applause from many fans around the ground.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Was it as good as his one in the play-off final?

• edited December 2019

I was there that day, 2-2 wasn't it?

Even more ridiculous than i'd remembered re-watching that, holding it with Evans in close attention, then the skill after, then the finish! Madness!

• edited December 2019

Where was the away section back then? Doesn't seem to be any roar in reaction to an absolute belter.

• Same place it is now but this was before the construction of that stand, I think. There probably just weren’t that many of them. Goldsworthy says at the beginning of his commentary that they were bottom of the league

• Weren’t away fans in the corner of the old woodlands terrace?

• Wasn’t that in the Conference days? But you could be right

• I remember the goal so well. Before the game I was talking to a Hull City fan who was the headmaster of the school that had sent me a letter saying #1 son had not got a place at the school. Monday morning I got a call saying he had got a place.

• That's Alan Hutchinson on commentary rather than John Goldsworthy.

Re: the away end, didn't it user to be shared half and half between home and away fans at one point if the away side weren't going to fill it?

• Evening @Uncle_T . I watched the YouTube video you posted earlier but didn’t really take it in. The link had moved on

• Not sure how I posted that but in the meantime I’ve sussed how to return to the game v Hull City, presumably in League 1.
    Is the flat still there in the corner of the ground where the big screen is situated?
    I can’t believe that I’m not sure!

• @micra The link is still working. The video is only about 16 seconds long and it may just stop at the end, in which case clicking the replay icon will replay it, or may auto-start another video, in which case close it, close this thread, then reopen the thread and it should be possible to play the video again. It is worth watching more than once.

• Posts crossed. Sorted, thanks. (Learnt a new icon!)

• @micra I believe it was "Division Two" at the time.

Not sure the building is used as a flat any more. A few years ago now, when my son was a match day mascot and we got shown around, I think the WWSET were using part of the building as offices.

• edited December 2019

Players have used it until relatively recently - not sure if any of them still do.

• Thanks guys.