Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup

Comments

• Good news and bad news... There's going to be some redundancies... On the up side I've got a promotion hehe!

There's no good news. Just bad news and irrelevant news

• @LX1 said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@LX1 said:
    This is the poster who was near gloating when we got knocked out of the FA Cup

Was I? Or was I just making the point that it wasn't the end of the world? I don't see the value in a regional cup competition in which we'll have to risk members of the first team squad - our only squad. Maybe that's because I've grown up in a different era of football, I don't know.

Yes you were. Brazenly

Well, I wasn't.

• Who else said they would rather we won at tranmere and lost on wednnesda

Tit

• edited December 2019

There are some weird people on here. No wonder they hide behind usernames (people know who I am - I use this name to help promote the site).

• 'people' know who I am. If you celebrate a WWFC defeat you are an enemy of mine son

• Good thing I don't celebrate defeats then. Anyway, I've got better things to do than engage with people getting abusive on a football forum.

• You're certainly right there are some very angry posting styles on here

• Anyone who celebrates a Wycombe defeat is an enemy of mine

• @chairboyscentral I'm sorry was totally out of order there. I am the tit

• Two weeks without a game and we are fighting among ourselves on the Gasroom!

• Actually @Wendoverman, I was surprised that the knives were not out a lot earlier in the two week spell. I felt that we were very restrained, usually the hostility begins at about day five of a 2.5 week break to be honest. Also the fact that @LX1 has come out and apologised shows that the poster has realised that he may have been a tad OTT & has the good grace to apologise. A great strength of the Gasroom I feel.

• To misquote from a famous Peter Sellers film Dr Strangelove "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the Gasroom "

• I will celebrate a Wycombe defeat when we lose 2-1 in the Nou Camp in the 2023 CL semi-final second leg, to go through 3-2 on aggregate. But not a moment before.

• @Shev said:
    I will celebrate a Wycombe defeat when we lose 2-1 in the Nou Camp in the 2023 CL semi-final second leg, to go through 3-2 on aggregate. But not a moment before.

Did you celebrate after the Notts Co defeat on promotion day in the Peter Taylor era?

• most people did Righty

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Shev said:
    I will celebrate a Wycombe defeat when we lose 2-1 in the Nou Camp in the 2023 CL semi-final second leg, to go through 3-2 on aggregate. But not a moment before.

Did you celebrate after the Notts Co defeat on promotion day in the Peter Taylor era?

I seem to recall it took about the time of a VAR decision? Taylor was ahead of his time.

• @eric_plant said:
    most people did Righty

Thanks for answering on behalf of the most when it was a specific question to one poster.

I'm not sure you are right by the way. But that isn't why you posted it.

• what a grumpy old soul you are

@Shev said:

I am a much much much newer fan, @Right_in_the_Middle - and I was also joking, for what it's worth. Trying to alleviate some bad vibes on a thread that had taken a dark turn.

• Roll on Saturday when we can get back to an up-to-date issue.

• Guess there's a big difference between celebrating a defeat, and celebrating after a defeat. Never done the former, but have done the latter several times.

• There's no room for jokes on here @Shev :smiley:

• Indeed! Being top of the league is an unexpectedly sombre situation!

• @eric_plant said:
    what a grumpy old soul you are

Oh well. I think it has alot to do with who I'm talking too. You really do make me grumpy, angry and fed up with your constant chipping away

• Grow up. All of you please. With respect. Top of the league and having a laugh. Is that not enough for Christmas. No fingers pointed. My life sucks. Trust me. I come here and follow Wycombe for positivity. Otherwise we are no better than inbred Bristol rovers fans for example hahaha

@eric_plant said:

Oh well. I think it has alot to do with who I'm talking too. You really do make me grumpy, angry and fed up with your constant chipping away

The "Ignore" function is marvellous :)

• @Right_in_the_Middle unrelated question, do you stand up when Wycombe score?

• @Malone said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@eric_plant said:

The "Ignore" function is marvellous :)

But then you miss all the fun!

• @peterparrotface said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle unrelated question, do you stand up when Wycombe score?

Yes. I do.

@eric_plant said:

Fair enough. You're a barrel of laughs in conversation with others