Skip to content

Signing Number 12: Nnamdi Ofoborh

Comments

• Looks like a challenger for Curtis Thompson's position. Suggests we'll only see Jacob Gardiner-Smith in the minor cup competitions - and perhaps a little less of Matt Bloomfield as well.

• GA confirms he can also cover at CB which may well indeed come in handy...

• He looks like a unit. As I said in the Aarons thread, Like Bolton proved there is a big step up from Prem Youth teams to L1 but he looks good on paper

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Perhaps also Gape's fill in if (when) he moves on to bigger things in January.

• Genuinely stunned that we haven't signed a goalkeeper.

It seems so obvious to me

• @fame_46 said:
    Agreed @Tom but to be fair Bolton have been playing with up to 8 youth team players.

1or 2 in the mix with seasoned professionals is a different proposition.

I think he means Luke Bolton haha. I have no concerns over Aarons' quality, though; he impressed in the division above and has seen a fair amount of Premier League playing time, neither of which applied to Bolton when he came to Wycombe.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @DJWYC14 said:
    Perhaps also Gape's fill in if (when) he moves on to bigger things in January.

I think this has the ring of truth about it.

• Looking forward to seeing the lad in action.

• Yeah, absolutely mean Luke Bolton. Also, trying to get Dom Gape a new contract would be a priority, however I fear that might be difficult (I suspect he might have something lined up in Jan)... And quite frankly you can't blame him, but it would be a shame to see him go

• Letting your captain go and not signing a goalkeeper doesn’t sound the best deadline business even with 2 new loan signings.

• Good luck to the young man. You can never have enough central midfield options, especially the way we play.

Since Luke Bolton has been mentioned it's interesting the clubs we have been to this time around for young players doesn't include Man City. The Luke Bolton signing was very much ch billed as a start of a relationship that could see others come South. I wonder if this was spin by the club or if either club wasn't that impressed by the time Bolton spent with us.

So the media team at Wycombe have had a constant count of new signings. With the departures today how many of last years closing squad (loans included) have gone to balance out the magnificent twelve coming in?

• It's excellent that we're now in a position to bring players in before we lose someone.

It's going to be one hell of a battle to get in that first eleven this season - and that is bang on what you want.